Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Please, chime in!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Diggers, as we're growing, I'd like to cater to everyone's tastes as much as possible without changing the site dramatically. So...

Do you think it would serve the community better if we broke down the Show & Tell section into different sub forums? For example...

We can have a Relics sub forum, Coins, Jewelry, Beach Finds, Woods/Farm Finds, etc., you get the point. Or...

Are we better served by having everything all lumped under the general Show & Tell section? It makes not one iota of a difference to me. Again, it's about you guys & the community at large.

Please pipe in with your two cents. Any other suggestions, too Happy

Joe
Joe,

Everyone has a distinct like or dislike. I think breaking it down into liked categories would be a very good idea. That way all of our members could classify according to their finds and their passion. My passion lately has been silver coins. But during my searches I've found a great deal of stuff that belongs in other categories. The four you mention are good. Woods/Forest may be separate from Farm Fields however.

Ed
(06-21-2014 09:31 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Joe,

Everyone has a distinct like or dislike. I think breaking it down into liked categories would be a very good idea. That way all of our members could classify according to their finds and their passion.

Ed

Good point, I was thinking the same, but, let's see what the other guys think Yes

Thanks, Ed!

Joe
No way man.  You know how I dig.  I would have to make five different posts for every hunt.  Would there be a junk category?  I'm real good at finding that kinda stuff.
Will, what's wrong with junk? Lots of junk is good! Let's see...

That broad has got a lot of junk in her trunk

One of my favorite tv shows is Sanford & Son...and it's all about junk

I'm a metal detecting JUNKy

I haven't bought new tires in years. Instead, I get 'like new' ones at the junk yards. True Wink

Sooooooo, to answer your question, YES, we can do a junk category, too. Tongue

Joe
Will,

Me too, but only if it's unusual and specific category. I post junk to prove I dig it. But if we categorized junk, then you'd have an option. We're only talking about those find's which are unusual enough to be posted. Actually you'd probably post less in some circumstances.

Ed
New here, but here`s my 2 cents worth.
i find items from many eras in the same area that i often dig.
modern coins, lighters from the 70`s, civil war relics. all the way to 3000 B.C. pottery
so breaking it down to the location that is being hunted would still leave me posting all the same odd stuff from different eras to the woods section if broke down according to location being hunted. breaking it down in the form of
coins - relics - jewelry, would still leave you posting many items from different periods to different spots. maybe breaking down by time periods or eras would work.
such as medieval - post medieval - pre colonial - colonial and on up. 
but even then you would be posting your different finds all over the place and i see that taking a lot of time. and being a bit of a chore to hunt through it all, and placing your finds into the right post location . 
i kind of like being able to see all the finds in one location, as i find many things interesting not just the coins or specific era artifacts. and being able to peek at all the recent finds in one spot really simplifies the peeking process  .
I love Sanford and Son.  Those old shows are great.
(06-21-2014 10:17 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]New here, but here`s my 2 cents worth.
i find items from many eras in the same area that i often dig.
modern coins, lighters from the 70`s, civil war relics. all the way to 3000 B.C. pottery
so breaking it down to the location that is being hunted would still leave me posting all the same odd stuff from different eras to the woods section if broke down according to location being hunted. breaking it down in the form of
coins - relics - jewelry, would still leave you posting many items from different periods to different spots. maybe breaking down by time periods or eras would work.
such as medieval - post medieval - pre colonial - colonial and on up. 
but even then you would be posting your different finds all over the place and i see that taking a lot of time. and being a bit of a chore to hunt through it all, and placing your finds into the right post location . 
i kind of like being able to see all the finds in one location, as i find many things interesting not just the coins or specific era artifacts. and being able to peek at all the recent finds in one spot really simplifies the peeking process  .

Thanks for chiming in, Indiana! Makes no difference if you're new...you're one of us now, although, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing Tongue Rofl

Interesting take Yes

Joe
(06-21-2014 10:05 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Will,

Me too, but only if it's unusual and specific category. I post junk to prove I dig it. But if we categorized junk, then you'd have an option. We're only talking about those find's which are unusual enough to be posted. Actually you'd probably post less in some circumstances.

Ed

My little hunt today could cover a few categories.  Coins, bullets, jewelry, pulltabs.   I got all that in like 1 hour.  If we had a. Junk category I would just post everything there.  Keep it simple.  Ya know?

I agree with the Bone Man.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's