Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New to hobby in Indiana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to the hobby even though i have been wanting to do it for awhile now.  I just bought a Garrett Ace 350 because i read alot about them and for the price i just couldnt say no to get into this hobby.  

My name is Zach Starkey and i live in indiana obviously i own a piece of property that was built in the early 1900s so i cant wait to get started on my own yard.

Cant wait to start talking to a bunch of people on here and get in the know about everything

Thanks
Welcome to the addiction, Zach! That Ace will do you more than fine in your journey. Even better, you have access to an old property Yes Private property is the best place to hunt, so, I predict you'll be off to a roaring start Happy

Dig everything in the beginning, and learn the language of your machine. After you find some treasure, make sure to come back and show us Beer

Joe
you sure picked the right place to start, this is a great forum with some really great members.
the 350 is a great machine to start with. we look forward to hearing from you and enjoying all your great future finds.

Happy Hunting ... and welcome to the group ...

Bones ...
Hello Zach and welcome! You picked a great detector to begin with. I have a friend with an Ace 350 and he is very successful with it. Take time to learn it and what it's telling you and I'm sure you will be off in no time finding history. And you have a nice yard to start off in to boot! Looking forward to your future posts and finds!
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA.  That yard should be full of good stuff.  My house was built in 1950 and I found silver right away in the backyard.  Also I found coins going back to 1889 out there. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions.  The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Welcome Zach,
The Ace 350 is an excellent machine, I have only been detecting since November of 2013 and also just have an entry level machine. I have also only hunted in my own yard to this point, but have found some really incredible stuff. I look forward to seeing your finds and reading your comments as you begin this journey to discovering history. You may also want to video your digs, many of us do this and its fun to share the finds with others as they happen. 
Zach, welcome to the forum from NE Ohio! That's a fine Garrett machine and a real good one to start detecting with. Check in when you can and let us know how it's going. Be more than happy to help you out!
welcome the guys on this sight are great for all kinds of info and really helpful on identifying strange things
Welcome to the forum. Good luck and happy hunting
Reference URL's