Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I love Garrett! New replacement pro pointer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few months (maybe only weeks) back there were a couple of you that talked about how good Garrett was with cust service when sending in your pro pointers.  Even though mine was an absolute wreck and on the verge of a complete melt down, I called them.  They were awesome!  I told them how I had to hold down the on button to keep it going and they sent me a return auth number.  I sent it in 9 days ago. 
Today, I received a brand spanking new pro pointer!  I was only expecting a new switch.  
They are great and I am happy to have a pointer again (sucks to find stuff old school).

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Sweet, glad that worked out the way it did.
how long did you have it before the return. just asking because i use one.

your only half the detectorist you used to be with a broken PP limping around the hole trying to zero in on your target.
makes a man want to cry just thinking about it ...
February of 2013.  So it made it a year and a half.  I haven't tried the plastidip or covers. I think I'll give those a try this time and see if I can prolong the lifespan.
(07-29-2014 06:55 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]February of 2013.  So it made it a year and a half.  I haven't tried the plastidip or covers. I think I'll give those a try this time and see if I can prolong the lifespan.

i am pretty rough on mine, but the thing has lasted me 3 -4 years now. 
looking to pick up another back up very soon. just a matter of time before i kill this one ... they are tough little pointers though.
As much as I rave about Minelab, they aren't known for their exceptional customer service. Whites & Garrett on the other hand, have pretty much the best anywhere Yes So, it's no surprise you were treated the way you were, SLC. They make a killing on those pinpointers, and rightfully so, as they're one of the best on the market. Nice to hear they're giving back to, and doing the right thing by the customer base that keeps them in business Yes

Joe
That's great that you got good service.  It seems like I'm the only one ever that didn't get good service from Garrett.  They sent mine back to me with a brand new casing, but it still didn't work.  I can go on and on about my bad experience, but I'll just say I'm not likely to buy anything Garrett in the future.  I'm very happy that I got the Whites TRX.  It's better than the Garrett anyway.
Even past warranty they're a steal. Send them to Garrett and they will rebuild or exchange it for a rebuilt (like new) one and send it back to you for less than $30 with a new warranty.
Great to hear. It seems like more and more companies are starting to back their products. I just got a new pair of headphones from minelab and didn't have too sent the broken pair in. Just called there service and they sent me a new pair.
Ditto here. Garrett has a great customer service program. Got a new one back in a week and a half. Very pleased!!!!!!!

Ed
Reference URL's