Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: July Target Hit! Silver #14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last two days were dry except for some odds and ends. Hit the 36 Plain Washington 1/2 hour out of the truck today after work but nothing other than clad, memorials and junk over the remaining 2 hours.

Hit my target of 14 silvers for the year to the end of July but going to try and squeeze in 15 tomorrow to make my July the best silver coin month I've ever had in my detecting history and the largest month count this year. Thank You Minelab!!!!

A Japanese game token no less. A little wind up toy missing the winder, head and an arm which I searched for but couldn't find. Another couple of dog tags. A brass whatnot that may be part of a valve stem. Over $4 in clad. 2 wheats. And last but not least a 58D nickel. I sometimes go weeks without a single nickel, and then they suddenly start popping up all over.

And three guys, in the past 2 years, told me, "These parks are hunted out!"

Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!

GL & HH everyone.

Ed
nice score on the silver, and the other nice finds.
Ed, you're enjoying your new mistress Minelab, eh? Lol. Isn't it just wonderful when you look down into the darkness of the hole & see something bright & shiny staring back at you Happy If you keep hitting good spots, I'm pretty confident you'll break 60, by the way things are shaping up Yes

Joe
Well you keep proving them wrong bud!Nice score on the quarter!
(07-30-2014 08:58 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]nice score on the silver, and the other nice finds.

Bones, hey, nice score on that whistle crucifix. Crap, I'm Catholic and I got no idea what that's all about, unless the Jesuits had some kind of secret but they're pretty good at that!! You keep a swingin that etrac. The way you're digging through the past, you'll be getting the silver and the gold sooner or later. I'm a tough "old" man. I have to get them. There's simply not enough time!!!! You have a project down there. You keep at it.

Sooner or later bro! Sooner or later.

Ed

(07-30-2014 09:03 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, you're enjoying your new mistress Minelab, eh? Lol. Isn't it just wonderful when you look down into the darkness of the hole & see something bright & shiny staring back at you Happy If you keep hitting good spots, I'm pretty confident you'll break 60, by the way things are shaping up Yes

Joe

Actually Joe, it was almost 90 degrees vertical at a little over 4" down. Iffy 00-28, 00-29 but great tone. And 1 inch over in the side of the plug. I popped out a good chunk of dirt in the sidewall after pin pointing it and it was in the pop out. I didn't see it until I checked with the pinpointer and brushed away some of the dirt. The question I had, after I identified it, was "Maybe I should just go home.". But I kept at it. It had to have been there from fill dirt. But that made me think about the parameters of my search and I wound up with about $2 in clad following that. And a new spectrum of searching.

Ed
Awesome.  You sure are killing the silver nowadays.
(07-30-2014 10:00 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome.  You sure are killing the silver nowadays.

Thanks Will. I plan to do better.

Ed
Way to go Ed. With the new detectors out there now, NO park is hunted out!!!!
Some great finds Ed. A day at a time my friend. It's all adding up!
She's a beauty!  Way to hit your goal early!
Next year you'll have to set a Leo or Leo the second (Joe) goal. 
I love that you're having success with that minelab.  

Thanks for sharing.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's