Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: nervous Dad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My son/detecting partner who goes by Mountain Goat on this forum,was called out on a strike team to fight this monster. This is his second strike team this summer,but this ones really scary.
http://livewire.kcra.com/Event/Live_upda...oss_NorCal
We all wish him the best and a safe return, as well as all the other responders
and persons involved ...
must make you pretty worried to know he`s doing such a dangerous job.

better get that next detecting trip set up for when he returns. he`ll be back hunting
with ya in no time ...

H.H.
BONES ...
That is scary. What's a strike team? Is he going up in one of those bucket planes to dump water? Or, is he going to be manning a hose on the ground? How close is it to the nearest homes?

That looks like a giant fire in the photos. I wish you guys lots of luck & prayers.

Joe
That is scary Ray.  I know you have to be proud of him though.
very brave people firefighters i admire them so much ...wish him well and a safe return.
Tell him that the folk from the UK wish him well.
Hello Ray,
Please give your son all our prayers and wishes for a safe return. Also,thank him
and all his fellow firefighters for their heroic work!
RJ Yes
Thank your son for what he does. As a longtime foothill resident, we owe these guys A LOT. Growing up many of my friends fought fire for CDF and USFS for years, they all stayed safe, as I am sure your son will. 
Caprock
Thanks guys.I usually dont worry much,but this ones different. It went from 100acres to almost 3000 in one day.Its over 11,000 acres now. And its on the edge of a town,so its critical they make a stand,but that means more danger.
It's a real eyeopener when you see that thunder cloud building on the other side of the ridge and you realize it's not a cloud of water vapor but of smoke. Sad I always painted a big red "X" on my roof for the slurry bomber to aim at. I hauled water into the firefighters for a couple of years until the FEDs made it impossible with their regulations.
I would probably be more concerned about my kid drving around in the Bay Area than fighting the fire though. After the Yarnell tragedy there have been some changes made to prevent that from occurring again. You can't protect against that perfect storm scenario  , and wildfires can be the most unpredictable , but I'm confident your boy will soon be back swinging with you again.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's