Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver # 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been out here and there all week with not much to show. Met up with another local detectorist today who I met last night while he was cycling and gave him a refresher course on detecting because he's been out of it for the past 3 years. We had a lot of fun. After we parted I kept on in another area and out pops a 48 Rosie. By then the skeeters were starting to look for fresh meat and I got chased out of the woods. Going back tomorrow because I've never done that area and it's pretty big, about 10 acres. Found the Rosie at 3 inches right on the trail.

Have a great time out there and Happy Hunting you guys!!

Ed
Oh wow !!! sweet catch on another silver Rosie, your detector loves those guys ...
man you pull up a ton of coins all the time, looking
forward to seeing what this spot produces, sounds quite big and
by the pile of coins you found in one day safe to say un detected.

H.H.

BONES ...
Nice dime Ed.  You're really becoming a silver magnet.  What is the most silver coins you have found in a year prior this year?
(09-26-2014 08:55 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice dime Ed.  You're really becoming a silver magnet.  What is the most silver coins you have found in a year prior this year?

And the drum roll pleaseeeee........ ONE!

That's it brother! 1. Since I got this SE Pro and widened my search parameters, I've been hitting them like crazy. And some of these areas I thoroughly went over with my Delta. This is #10 for the month of September.Yes That beat's my next highest month of August 2014 with 9. I'm am so glad I bought the SE!!

Ed

(09-26-2014 08:52 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow !!! sweet catch on another silver Rosie, your detector loves those guys ...
man you pull up a ton of coins all the time, looking
forward to seeing what this spot produces, sounds quite big and
by the pile of coins you found in one day safe to say un detected.

H.H.

BONES ...

BONES, Thank you sir!! Some of that clad was from the prior three days. I did find a quarter and a dime in that area of the Rosie though, but I was only there for a 1/2 hour at best as you couldn't stop without being eaten alive by the skeeters, even sprayed up pretty good with OFF. Even chain smoking didn't stop them. They just wanted BLOOD!!!

Ed
silver = Yes

Beer
Nice Rosie Congrats! I just hit 99 silver coins  for the year yesterday.
(09-27-2014 02:07 AM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Rosie Congrats! I just hit 99 silver coins  for the year yesterday.

That's great Leo!! You're keeping pace with last year and in another state no less. I'm kinda lucky to have found what I have. I keep looking around for new areas and the hood range I do is getting smaller and smaller, even though it's pretty large. I'm thinking next year I'll have to widen my search radius by at least 5 miles and really target some of the types of areas I do. I've hit 6 silvers in the last 7 days and I did the hunts in those spots on a hunch and some past wandering in the woods with the Delta. We'll see. You just never know what's out there. I really have to talk to you about tone and VID on the SE. I'm in some really trashed areas and I think I may be passing up some of the deeper stuff because the tone is there but the VID doesn't make sense. I'm too old to dig everything so I've become a cherry picker to the nines!

Ed
Love it Ed.  There's something about that silver popping out of the ground.  That feeling you get as soon as you lay your eyes on it.  You know right away it's not clad.  

Keep em coming!  I'm having issues with posting so I haven't uploaded any photos.  I've found some good silver over the past few weeks.
(09-27-2014 08:28 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Love it Ed.  There's something about that silver popping out of the ground.  That feeling you get as soon as you lay your eyes on it.  You know right away it's not clad.  

Keep em coming!  I'm having issues with posting so I haven't uploaded any photos.  I've found some good silver over the past few weeks.

Thanks SLC!! You're right. That baby popped out after a grueling 5 hours and I was physically regenerated. If it weren't for the skeeters I would have gone on until dark!! Hope you resolve your photo issues. You make some really great finds and we don't want to miss them.

Ed
You're catching up to me, you hustler! Gonna start calling you Fast Ohio Nelson!!! Your nose is becoming quite accustomed to the scent of silver. Love it, Ed Yes

Joe
Reference URL's