Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A few finds from the past couple hunts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!  I've been having trouble with the new Apple update and haven't been able to upload anything in a while.  Here are a couple of photos from some park strip/tree lawn hunts.  Nothing great, but some silver none the less.
If you've had any issues, update to the new 8.02 IOS and that should solve the problem.  Thanks Gil and Joe.
Nice finds there ..few nice silver coins ...well done Yes

GL&HH
Simon
Nice ...
Nice finds on those silvers.  That 3/4 wheatie is pretty cool.
Sweet silver!!! Been a while. Thought you found the motherlode and retired to a secluded island where you were surrounded by scantily clad women while sipping Mai tai's Happy

Joe
(09-30-2014 04:53 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds on those silvers.  That 3/4 wheatie is pretty cool.

It's actually bent on the corner.  Interesting though.  Thanks for taking a look.

(09-30-2014 06:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet silver!!! Been a while. Thought you found the motherlode and retired to a secluded island where you were surrounded by scantily clad women while sipping Mai tai's Happy

Joe
I've had a few decent hunts but honestly, how can my rosies compete with Hammie's, Roman coins, iron spear heads, etc?
Scantily clad women.....that sounds great!!!  Mai Tai's?  I'll stick with the bourbon and beer!
Nice couple of hunts SLC!! Gotta love those tree strips!! Glad to see you resolved those iOS issues with the new upload. Been missing you over here. Nice silver. I love Rosies too!!!

Ed
Nice Yes

I take silver any way I can get it  Beer
(09-30-2014 08:23 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2014 04:53 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds on those silvers.  That 3/4 wheatie is pretty cool.

It's actually bent on the corner.  Interesting though.  Thanks for taking a look.

(09-30-2014 06:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet silver!!! Been a while. Thought you found the motherlode and retired to a secluded island where you were surrounded by scantily clad women while sipping Mai tai's Happy

Joe
I've had a few decent hunts but honestly, how can my rosies compete with Hammie's, Roman coins, iron spear heads, etc?
Scantily clad women.....that sounds great!!!  Mai Tai's?  I'll stick with the bourbon and beer!

That's the beauty of these communities though, we can all salivate over other guys' finds. To be candid, we're simply not on the same playing field as these guys overseas. Our country is only a few hundred years old, theirs is THOUSANDS. So, doesn't get me down in the slightest. It would kind of be like me being paralyzed in a wheelchair, yet aspiring to play basketball like Lebron James. Two COMPLETELY different realities. Let's face it, if we can find a coin 100, 125 years old here, that's OLD. That (to me) is the equivalent of them finding a silver coin that's 1,000 years old. On a separate note...

That's why manufacturers have started catering heavily to overseas markets in recent years. Used to be running a print ad with a guy holding a seated he found using a Whites or a Minelab was exciting. Good for business. Moved units. Now, these fellas across the pond are finding hoards! Worth millions. So, they have skewed a lot of their product/marketing in that direction. Just the way it is.

Look at all the big hunters here in the states; Jimmy Sierra, Dick Stout, Chicago Ron, etc. They all regularly take trips and hunt in England. Sierra hosts the tours even. I'm happy finding the items I do, yet, it's good to know if I ever want to taste that REAL old stuff, I can just hop on a plane and get my fix Yes

Joe
Way to go on finding silver!!!
Reference URL's