Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: another powder flask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ray, have you found a match yet? The eagle carrying the shield seems to be a very popular design, but I cannot find one that fits yours exactly. Again, your shield is much larger, and the pluribus is off to the side. The ones I've seen have the pluribus going straight along the bottom. How in the hell did you dig down 10" in rock hard dirt and get that puppy out without killing it?! It would look like shrapnel if I was retrieving it! Lol.

Joe
Here's one I found online at site called Shiloh Relics
Don't say much about it though
Ground is not that bad to dig Joe...and I use an Apex pick.
Wow Ray that is an awesome flask.   The wild wild west.  It's crazy how many of those you guys dig out there.  Great hunt.  Good luck finding those buckle pieces.
That may be it Caprock!I think my eagle face looks meaner,but my son swears its the same. Thanks!
sweet great find
(10-26-2014 07:52 PM)caprock Wrote: [ -> ]Here's one I found online at site called Shiloh Relics
Don't say much about it though

Great find, Cap!!! I believe that to be an exact match...or pretty friggin close Yes

Joe
I went to Shiloh Relics website, but didn't see the powder flask, Cap. Do you have a link? Interested in reading about the piece.

Joe
Joe,
I originally found the picture of the flask by doing a google image search using the words powder flask e pluribus unum, and pulled it up that way. When I went directly to the site I couldn't find it either. Hope this helps.
Positively a great find Ray!! YesYesYesBeer Hope you can get an ID on it.

Ed
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's