Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: *NEW CONTEST* 1/11/2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I agree completely. that is why i ask.
i see many new sign ups, just vanish after a week or so.
hopefully some of these new members stick around and continue to enjoy TC ...
If I knew any body to refer they would have already been referred before this contest took place, that's how much I like this forum. Other than my son that goes with me I have only met two other detectorist in my area both before I joined here, and I don't know them personally. Contest or not I will still refer others I meet that have interest in our hobby.
Yes ... BiggRedd ...
I agree, the contest is cool but if i can get others to join either way and be a part of the community it just makes it more fun for all of us.
I have had 2 referals in the past , but like you said, i don`t know them to well, and havent seen them since sign up.
You are a Lucky Man . im envious of your ability to hunt with your son. i have recently gotten my 22 yr old daughter interested in detecting, and she wants to join me for some hunting, i can not wait.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR BABYBONES ... ( AshUno ) shes a newbie . but she`ll be learning from the Boneman ...
that`s my Baby ... Happy
(01-12-2015 10:33 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Yes ... BiggRedd ...
I agree, the contest is cool but if i can get others to join either way and be a part of the community it just makes it more fun for all of us.
I have had 2 referals in the past , but like you said, i don`t know them to well, and havent seen them since sign up.
You are a Lucky Man . im envious of your ability to hunt with your son. i have recently gotten my 22 yr old daughter interested in detecting, and she wants to join me for some hunting, i can not wait.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR BABYBONES ... ( AshUno ) shes a newbie . but she`ll be learning from the Boneman ...
that`s my Baby ... Happy

Thanks Bones I do feel lucky to have him. Sometimes when he finds something cool I enjoy it better than if I had found it myself. He is also excited that I got my V3i now he gets to use the DFX instead of the bounty hunter lone star, he has a big learning curve in for him, luckily I can help him some there. Hope you have lots of wonderful days detecting with your daughter,it really is a blessing to have kids involved too.
(01-12-2015 10:20 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]If I knew any body to refer they would have already been referred before this contest took place, that's how much I like this forum. Other than my son that goes with me I have only met two other detectorist in my area both before I joined here, and I don't know them personally. Contest or not I will still refer others I meet that have interest in our hobby.

Redd, that is very gentlemanly of you, and I think it speaks volumes about your character Happy It is precisely this type of goodwill & stewardship which enables communities such as ours to not only survive, but to thrive. Yes

Joe
Come on, guys!!! There's $200 on the line!!!!! We ALL know other detectorists. Send them an email, a tweet, post something on your Facebook page. The BEST form of advertising is word-of-mouth. If you love our community - and I know you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here - put the pedal to the metal! Yes

Joe
(01-17-2015 08:07 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Come on, guys!!! There's $200 on the line!!!!! We ALL know other detectorists. Send them an email, a tweet, post something on your Facebook page. The BEST form of advertising is word-of-mouth. If you love our community - and I know you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here - put the pedal to the metal! Yes

Joe

You guys here are my detecting buddies. If I had real life detecting buddies I would have already had them sign up here. If it wasn't for forums I wouldn't have anyone to talk dirt fishin with.
I am trying posted on my facebook and contacted any fiends I have. They are either stupid or don't like the internet. I have not had one person contact me back
(01-17-2015 11:10 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying posted on my facebook and contacted any fiends I have. They are either stupid or don't like the internet. I have not had one person contact me back

Well, you're doing your best, and it's appreciated, Steve Yes Now you guys see how difficult this stuff is. Even if someone had a magic list with 5,000 detectorists on it, it does no good, as they have to be HARD CORE hunters who enjoy posting finds & B.S'ing online. There is only a very small amount of people like this, and to make matters worse, there are probably well over a few hundred forums all chasing this small elite group of users. The market isn't THAT large. Additionally...

Many people just post on their Twitter/Facebook pages nowadays or only work their Youtube channels, and don't get involved with forums at all. This further complicates matters.

Keep plugging away! SOMEBODY has to win Wink

Joe
I've put it on Facebook. Not sure it will do anything. I'm not a big Facebook user.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's