Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Straw poll vote on which metal detector I should get.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's here: http://strawpoll.me/3397905 I live in Wisconsin and plan on relic/coin hunting.
I really don't see the need for a poll, as most of us here have already answered this question in your other thread. Again, I'd go for the F2.

P.S. - Cool app!!! Are you the designer?

Joe
I posted this on your other post, but just so you see it.. [font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I saw you have the Fisher F-2 as an interest. Someone on the classifieds is selling one for $185 AND they are in Wisconsin. It's pretty much a new detector but old stock. For that price you can have some extra spending money to buy some other things you might need. Just a thought[/font]
There's also an Explorer XS for 350---no brainer!!
Your poll needs an "other" and a "none of the above" choice to be appropriate
+1...didn't even notice it was the same seller. good call dusty
(01-13-2015 12:55 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]There's also an Explorer XS for 350---no brainer!!
Your poll needs an "other" and a "none of the above" choice to be appropriate

Dusty, not so sure this is what we'd call a motivated buyer Wink He received many replies in another thread, which is basically a carbon copy of this one, and winds up asking the same question twice. To put it simply...

You now need to make a buying decision Happy

We can offer opinions, yet only you can do the research and ultimately decide what's right, for you.

Joe
I don't know about polls but I'd recommend using a common sense approach. That is spend as much money as you can on a beginning detector that you can have as a backup if you decide you really like the hobby and want to make a jump into a more capable machine. One thing you have to understand about this hobby is "Baby Steps" are important to get the full understanding of what you need for yourself and what your hunting priorities are. Many of us here have started with very basic machines and learned them well enough to make a leap, several times, into more sophisticated units. Look at it this way, you're young, anxious and determined to get into detecting. If you have a lot of time, being younger, don't rush it. Learn the hobby from the very basics first. Go hunting and do the very best you can with what you have. Someday, at some point, you'll know that you have to go further. That's when you begin to know that this metal detecting stuff is much more enlightening than what you could have ever imagined. That's when you'll discover that you are a "Detectorist". And when that happens, your life will change dramatically. You won't just idly watch the scenery go by the car window any more. You'll be looking at the landscape with the "Eye" of the "Detectorist". Many of us on this forum do exactly that.

Good luck young man!

The suggestions we have made to you are very good ones. Good beginner machines too!

Ed
(01-13-2015 05:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about polls but I'd recommend using a common sense approach. That is spend as much money as you can on a beginning detector that you can have as a backup if you decide you really like the hobby and want to make a jump into a more capable machine. One thing you have to understand about this hobby is "Baby Steps" are important to get the full understanding of what you need for yourself and what your hunting priorities are. Many of us here have started with very basic machines and learned them well enough to make a leap, several times, into more sophisticated units. Look at it this way, you're young, anxious and determined to get into detecting. If you have a lot of time, being younger, don't rush it. Learn the hobby from the very basics first. Go hunting and do the very best you can with what you have. Someday, at some point, you'll know that you have to go further. That's when you begin to know that this metal detecting stuff is much more enlightening than what you could have ever imagined. That's when you'll discover that you are a "Detectorist". And when that happens, your life will change dramatically. You won't just idly watch the scenery go by the car window any more. You'll be looking at the landscape with the "Eye" of the "Detectorist". Many of us on this forum do exactly that.

Good luck young man!

The suggestions we have made to you are very good ones. Good beginner machines too!

Ed

I resemble that remark about the eye of the detectorist when I'm driving with the wife and make a remark like I'd love to swing my detector there, she says I bet you would. I Just look at things differently than before.
It's the eye of the detectorist. It's the thrill of the hunt. Digging up all the pulltabs with our shovel.
(01-13-2015 09:52 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]It's the eye of the detectorist. It's the thrill of the hunt. Digging up all the pulltabs with our shovel.

Answer: Minelab!

Ed

(01-13-2015 09:39 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2015 05:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about polls but I'd recommend using a common sense approach. That is spend as much money as you can on a beginning detector that you can have as a backup if you decide you really like the hobby and want to make a jump into a more capable machine. One thing you have to understand about this hobby is "Baby Steps" are important to get the full understanding of what you need for yourself and what your hunting priorities are. Many of us here have started with very basic machines and learned them well enough to make a leap, several times, into more sophisticated units. Look at it this way, you're young, anxious and determined to get into detecting. If you have a lot of time, being younger, don't rush it. Learn the hobby from the very basics first. Go hunting and do the very best you can with what you have. Someday, at some point, you'll know that you have to go further. That's when you begin to know that this metal detecting stuff is much more enlightening than what you could have ever imagined. That's when you'll discover that you are a "Detectorist". And when that happens, your life will change dramatically. You won't just idly watch the scenery go by the car window any more. You'll be looking at the landscape with the "Eye" of the "Detectorist". Many of us on this forum do exactly that.

Good luck young man!

Ed

I resemble that remark about the eye of the detectorist when I'm driving with the wife and make a remark like I'd love to swing my detector there, she says I bet you would. I Just look at things differently than before.

Which swinging is she referring to? Just asking.

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's