Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love to read anything about metal detecting, even more so when the ground is frozen. I just spotted this a little while ago, and even though it's an older article, I was literally shaking with laughter! Talk about being one step ahead of the game!!! This has GOT to be the funniest sheet I've seen in ages Rofl Rofl Rofl

http://goo.gl/rGtKsf

Joe
priceless those crazy Brits
LoL

seen that one about a yr ago Joe!

Like one guy said below the article - "the only proceeds actually going to the scouts was the "fee" collected to enter the hunt"...

The gold coins themselves were supposed to be turned over to the coroner to be assessed and sold so that the local council/etc could take the majority of the $$ while the land owner got a % for being so kind as to turn the coins over.
metal detecting is a cut-throat world...priceless
Stealing is never good, and that's not why I found it so hilarious. Rather...

Just goes to point out the sheer nuttiness & mayhem that can develop when there's big money at play. I can literally picture it in my mind...

"Holy crappers, we've got GOLD here fellas!!!"

Guys start sticking coins in the hems of their pants, their pockets...underwear! Meanwhile...

The Boy Scouts are handing out tea & bacon sandwiches, while the greedy farmer is lurking in the background, thinking to himself; "These dumb blokes are going to make poppa a VERY rich man."

All of the coins "disappear", and, surprise, it's all the newb's fault goddammit!!!

Lol. You almost can't make these stories up. Treasure fever Yes

Joe
LOL!!  This is a great story!

What do you guys think you would do if you dug up a gold coin?

That would sure be a tough choice!
(01-15-2015 11:20 AM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]LOL!!  This is a great story!

What do you guys think you would do if you dug up a gold coin?

That would sure be a tough choice!

Not sure what I'd do, to be honest. I'd literally be dumbstruck. One thing I can surely tell you is...

Unless circumstances absolutely required me too, I would never sell it. Of course, I'm simply talking a common variety one that is worth maybe a few hundred bucks. If I found one that was super duper rare, and worth a million or something, it would be difficult, but common sense would tell me to use the money for more useful purposes. Like buying more metal detectors, lol!!!

Joe
Great! More bad publicity for the hobby. Sorry but we don't need that kind of stuff about our hobby. Gerry
Great story. Would be nice to find one.
According to the article, one guy made off with about 70 of them! At roughly $350 each, that's a cool $25,000!!! Still, that's a tough thing to live with on your conscience. Especially since some of the dough was going to the scouts. Further...

With all of the heat, the person who stole them would never be able to sell them altogether, as it would raise too many red flags. He'd have to find an overseas buyer, or, sell each off individually over time.

I just found it hilarious how quickly law & order can break down when treasure fever strikes, lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's