Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Where is Mr. Gee's Coins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are they out there somewhere, just waiting for one of our coils to go over them? Anything is possible...

http://goo.gl/v7KmVa

Joe
That's a real good story and would take some detective work. You know I'll just betcha that some great grandchild has the whole collection stuffed in a trunk in his attic somewhere and hasn't a clue as to what they are valued.
(02-14-2015 08:00 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's a real good story and would take some detective work. You know I'll just betcha that some great grandchild has the whole collection stuffed in a trunk in his attic somewhere and hasn't a clue as to what they are valued.

Or, they could be buried. People didn't trust banks in those days. Wherever they are, they ARE indeed out there, somewhere. I'd like to find just ONE of them!

Joe
Hard to tell. It sounds as if they were a very big part of his life so it is even possible that they were buried with him. That said it is far more likely that some of his close coin collecting friends would have swooped in and attempted to gain ownership either through purchase or theft. Some of the interested parties from back them must have know what happened to them.
Interesting story. As well known as the guy was, I'm sure the collection was passed on to someone.
I love these type of stories. They just get the juices flowing. If I were living nearby it would be a fun thing to research - you never know what you can dig up!
Thanks for sharing.
Good story!
Reference URL's