Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Telephone Token (circa 1930's?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found this last Fall and thought it was just another amusement token but it turns out to be a telephone (???) token from the 30's or 40's. It was found in the woods and I posted it a while back with a bunch of stuff in the bulk shots. I was looking through all my tokens and decided to look this up. I found one on an internet search which had a #16 on the grooved side and the flat side said "Brunswick", so I don't know if that one is a locker token or what but it's dimensions are about the same, the size of a nickel!

If any of you guys have a token book for these I'd really like to know about what time they were produced.

Thanks!!

Ed/ODF
That's a sweet find, Ed! In all my years hunting, I've only found one telephone token. They aren't that common, which is another way of saying, that's a VERY good pull Yes I'm going to post mine, as it's quite unusual.

Joe
Nice Find Ed!!!. I spent 35 years in the telephone industry and I can't help you with identifying the year on that one. There were at least two types, those that could be purchased by the public and those that were carried by telco repair personal.
WTG Ed!! Cool token

No excuse for not calling the Mrs to let her know you will be late cuz your still detecting! Wink
I never knew what that dang thing was -I just thought it was a plain old token.
I found one several years back and just put it in with other tokens that I have.
Thanks for the info
That's pretty cool Ed. I never saw one of those.
You might try posting at this site.

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum...ORUM_ID=11
Nice find, I sure love tokens!
(02-20-2015 10:38 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]You might try posting at this site.

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/forum...ORUM_ID=11

Thanks Mike! I just uploaded the pics there!
Got this info from a fella named Circus over at Coin Community:

"The short answer, is NO The Yale slot & slug co. made them out of Chicago. Called security telephone tokens, 1912 to 1914 (double slot) as they changed styles and designs over the years. But they didn't have the no refund/no cash value on them. Used mostly in Chicago from 1910 to the mid 40's. The brass .05ยข ones are $1.00 to $2.00. Some have Y.S.& S.Co. or Goetz on them. Goetz was owner and founder of the company.

You have a newer security arcade token."

So it is some type of arcade token. But I will add that there was an amusement park that existed in the 50's and 60's about 2 miles from where I found it.

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's