Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A California Relic Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not to be confused with THE California Relic Adventures that our buddy Ron posts,lol.
Got out with a friend yesterday to go explore a drainage and maybe find a nugget or two. I forgot to tell my buddy I am gold repellant! Anyway,we hiked about a half a mile,and the dew on the grass got in my gb pros 5x10 coil...had to hike back out,grab the Deus. Eventually we made our way down to the creek using game trails. Man,it looked good,bedrock everywhere. We detected our way up for a few hours,cleaning the enviroment of deadly lead and iron. Finally,we are in an area of old diggins...I spy a flatsection on a hill nearby,and go there to see what can be found. Thats when my buddy yells out a "whooohoo" and is holding a prize in his hand. Im thinking BIG nugget,and run down there...1838 half dime in a bedrock crack!   So I go back to my spot,and after diggin tin scraps,pull up a Chinese coin. Tell my friend,and hes ready to hit the spot. If you notice in the pic,hes using a gmt...not exactly the best for relics,but this dude is an old timer,and makes do. Pretty soon I find a ball button..YES! Ended up with another similar one with a floweral design, a cool clip of some sort with patent date 1888, a couple other cool buttons,and what I think is a boot stretcher thing. We just scratched the surface,and will get back there soon before the poison oak gets to thick. Ray
[attachment=5206]
[attachment=5207]
[attachment=5208]
[attachment=5209]
[attachment=5210]
[attachment=5211]
[attachment=5212]
[attachment=5213]

Forgot to mention,the close up of the brass deal ,is the Chinese stamp on the inside of what I assume was an opium tin I found.
[attachment=5214]
WTG Ray and friend! Definitely a good spot there gold or no gold.
Dude. Looks like you're onto a good spot. Great finds. Thanks for removing some deadly lead and iron too.
Holy crap, killer finds dude! Like the ball buttons!!! Unfrigginbelievable that the half dime wasn't even in the dirt! You've obviously hit upon a hotspot, Ray, now you just gotta go in and clean it out Yes

Joe
Those are some excellent finds, looks like your are in the zone!
All I have to show for my last two times out are one stinkin' ox shoe, a square nail or two and about 10,000 shot gun shells.
Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
Seems like those ball buttons often turn up in close proximity to Chinese diggings, often wondered if they were worn by the Chinese?
Awesome finds. Looks like a hot spot. Keep looking.
Nice relics and sweet coin!! Looks like you are in a great spot!! POUND IT !!
Thanks for the comments. Yes,we will be back...I felt bad for my friend trying to decipher what to dig with a gmt, so actually didnt hit it very hard.
Hey Caprock,do you go out by yourself??
Ray super great find on the 1838 half dime YesYesYes
Ray, thanks for sharing very cools finds! You just started a new wing on the hobby....Bedrock Hunting.....terrific and congratulations!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's