Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What new option or gadget would you like to see on a metal detector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-23-2015 06:48 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I want fm radio so I can listen to my jams between beeps.

Did you guys read Joe's Go Find interview? It's not so lame brain now is it? Lol
During my testing out new settings this spring I realized what new optiopn I would enjoy and actually purchase -
Wouldn't it be cool to be using a small coil and get a signal but for whatever reason you wanted to check that on a larger coil to see what results you would get?
I had a signal that was there but it seemed that the combination of grass, dirt and minerials were beating the machine's abiliuty to identify and locate the taret.
Now, if I could snap connect the larger coil onto the end of the shaft - wow it would only take seconds to do it. Electronics are made today with snap connect tabs but have interlocking male/female joints. This would be a gmae changer for sure - in my opinion of course - sorry I am getting carried away -

What do you guys feel about something like that?
(03-26-2015 08:00 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]During my testing out new settings this spring I realized what new optiopn I would enjoy and actually purchase -
Wouldn't it be cool to be using a small coil and get a signal but for whatever reason you wanted to check that on a larger coil to see what results you would get?
I had a signal that was there but it seemed that the combination of grass, dirt and minerials were beating the machine's abiliuty to identify and locate the taret.
Now, if I could snap connect the larger coil onto the end of the shaft - wow it would only take seconds to do it. Electronics are made today with snap connect tabs but have interlocking male/female joints. This would be a gmae changer for sure - in my opinion of course - sorry I am getting carried away -

What do you guys feel about something like that?

Tony,

The Ideal option would be to have an 11" coil where a 5, 8, and 11" double D coil are incorporated into the same coil. The software could use one, two, three individually or in combination, or ALL, to the users conditions. That type of coil development is way off in the future.

What you are referring to is something like this:
ODF, Ed - I have heard that discussion before about one large coil that you could switch to different sizes when you flip a switch or push a button on the control pad.
That's the idea but I wanted to interchange coils but plug in and a click connector but hey manufacturers will never let the other guy in and beat them in sales. That is why there are so many folks doing modificatons I guess.

I did buy a pair of head phones that had a phone wire connection - iyou just snap it into the haed set and when it went bad you bought another wire and you were good to go - I didn't like the comfort of those head phones and it was a flimsy wire so I had to replace it in about two months because I am carless when I get excited while digging a cool target.

But your idea would work well and I would buy it as soon as it comes out because it is a neede item in this area of the county
Wouldn't mind seeing blue tooth compatibility for headsets. I dont know about you guys but I hate it when my headset cord gets in my way.
Hello Jayie, yeah you are right the cord is a bitch for sure. Maybe some folks on this site can give us some information on which wireless headsets work the best for a resonable price.
This summer I don't want anymore ear sweats - I am tired of that happening.

I will probably start a new post for this one right now.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's