Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: *March 2015 WINNER - Predator Digger!*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congratulations!!!
Congrats!!  I also loved that winning post. 
What we do is really about getting out and enjoying life.

Way to go!!
Hello everybody,

I need to apologize as I haven't posted a thank you note for the digger that we won yet. It has been crazy few weeks with the Gold Prospecting Group my whole family volunteers for holding three events over 2 weekends and the weather has been cold and rainy when we were free. Thus I didn't get a chance to go out and break in the new tool. That was until yesterday evening.

My son came home from school yesterday with a small tree in a plastic bag as is customary in Alberta and other places I'm sure. They try to encourage people to plant trees by doing this. Of course my son wanted to plant his tree that evening and we found a nice spot in the front yard beside a bush that is slowly fading away anyhow. I had the bright idea to use the new tool that we won to dig the plug out and I have to say it worked perfectly!

The tree got planted, and then we took the MD out for a spin and found a few small items in the backyard. I'm getting better and better at using the tool. With each plug my hole gets neater and neater, which is why I practice in the back yard (that is starting to look like a mortar range from all the digging over the past couple of years). We found a 1972 Canadian penny (No more of these being made), a nail, an electrical connector for household wiring, a metal washer and half of a metal eyelet.

It was a lot of fun for both of us and we had some funny moments, such as me watching him try to get the digger into the ground. Being only 6 he isn't heavy enough to push it into the dirt more that a couple of inches and then he tries to jump on it to get it in further and falls off. Way too funny!

I want to thank NjNyDigger for the tool and I will use it plenty this year and for the years to come with my son. I think it will be a great tool for prospecting for Gold as well! Thanks again.

Dan

[attachment=5879]
[attachment=5880]
Hi, Dan! Apologize for my late reply, too, as we are updating/overhauling this site, and I haven't been as active lately.

Glad you got the digger and both you and your son like it. If you guys use it and get some value from it, that's what it's all about Yes

I use the exact shovel myself, which is featured in all of my detecting videos. It's a killer! It actually digs cleaner plugs than a standard Lesche IMO, since the cuts are so precise. Saves a LOT of wear and tear, bending down, and TIME...which leads to more targets dug in the field.

Good job on the tree, they help us breathe!!!

I appreciate you taking the time & thought to put up a great post about it. Thank you Beer

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's