Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Went out today March 19th and got a surprise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys and gals, I attempted to get into another field upgrade - constructions stuff all over the place. I asked permission because there is a tweleve foot high fense around this field and they lock it up tight. Construction worker tells me - sorry I can't let anyone on the field not even the city workers who normally take out the trash for the high school teams. 
So off to a park to have some fun, very cold wind today but I was ok out there and the ground was great.
I picked up a signal that shouldn't be a quarter let alone a silver one and to my surprise down about five inches on an angle there was a standing liberty quarter date waiting for me to pick it up. I am not bragging  - please just happy that the machine works and so do I .
Also, got a 1946 wheat and a crused silver earring.  NO visible date on the quarter
VERY nice, Tony! SLQ's are one of my favorite coins Yes Just between you & I...and everyone else on the forum, lol...

I would've went back after the dipshit finished his shift and jumped the fence...all 12 feet of it!!! Yes

Joe
Great Finds
Nice catch on the SLQ Tony!!Yes Sometimes when you're turned away from one site another one brings the prize!! WTG!

Ed/ODF
Nice score on the SLQ Tony. If you need a ladder I have a folding one, for that fence !!!LOL
Congrats, nice finds!
(03-19-2015 09:07 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Nice score on the SLQ Tony. If you need a ladder I have a folding one, for that fence !!!LOL

LMAO! I just got back from getting a slurpee at 7-11, and think I spotted Tony at that park!!!
Great digs man. You see that's why I dig it all.
I want to dig it all but there isn't enough time - too many signals - not enough time for them all.......but I do at new sites for the first 15 or so minutes ....I sample the stuff

Bob, my daughter said I can't use any ladder higher then four feet high, go figure.
More than likely they're probably hiding an old gas station with tanks below ground or some other such scenario so they can keep TPTB at a distance. Detectorists with good machines can find an underground tank or buried barrels of bad stuff in a heartbeat. I really doubt the insurance company "requires" a fence around the project. They don't here. I've seen four baseball fields installed over last summer and not a fence in sight, except for the standard field fences. They're trying to hide something that they don't want to the public to find out or they have foreign illegals doing the work and want to keep the union unawares while they charge the city union scale for $12 an hour hired help. Somebody may be getting a piece of the action. Jersey used to be a tough Union place. If it's a landscape job for field installation, well, you can figure that one out.

Where's Christy? On a treadmill I hope.

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's