Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How many have gone back to see if there is another great coin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks BigTony. The big ones look good in the clad jar. Of course I put the 40 percenter in a coin sleeve. I've only found two silvers. That one and a 44 war nickel. About to start my 15th month of detecting. Unfortunately I don't get to go very often because I work for my self and I stay busy.
I think you have to go back. If you found one or more good coins then there are probably more. I catch myself going back to these places all the time. I should probably get to new spots more often, but I guess I like familiarity. I gotta get down the alley.
Kajunman, you are doing something right. It will be there when you get to it
(03-24-2015 08:50 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have to go back. If you found one or more good coins then there are probably more. I catch myself going back to these places all the time. I should probably get to new spots more often, but I guess I like familiarity. I gotta get down the alley.

I agree

I too go back (many times over)

there's no way anyone can hunt a place once or twice and call it "hunted out"! lol

I'm not a "coin hunter" per se' as I've evolved over time from being mainly a coin hunter long ago (20 yrs ago and beyond) into more of a relic hunter and specifically looking for buttons mainly -- but -- taking whatever else comes along and that happens to be a lot of coins (volume depending on site) as some sites give up many coins and some very little to none.. I also water hunt for gold jewelry now and then,

but

I keep going back to the same places over and over a good 10 to 15 times before giving up completely and calling them "hunted out" because I've found many many good targets (relics/coins/etc) 3, 4, 5 or more trips in on several occasions at many of the sites I've hunted...

1 example is - one day I went back to a cellar hole site I had hunted over a 2 yr period in the neighborhood of 6 or 7 times and the field it's in had been freshly cut (a clover field) but as I was walking along swinging my machine - something caught my eye a few feet ahead of me maybe 25 ft from the cellar hole and low and behold I bent down to find laying directly on top of the ground an 1843 Large Cent just sitting there looking back at me! The strange part is - is that I know I detected over that same exact spot many times over but it just so happened that when the farmer cut the clover - it exposed a coin I had missed on several occasions even though it was laying rgt on top of the ground. Beer
Pittsburg Will, that is a cool story and I bet you are dam glad that you went back that day!
I have come across a coyote or two. They usually are more scared than you are and run off, but is pretty unnerving. 
I see a minimum of 15 rattlesnakes each summer.  Most of the time I see them after I've walked past them.  They blend in pretty well with the dirt and sage brush out in the desert here.  
I also have come across scorpions a few times. Mostly in the fall. They dig into the ground and once in a while I'll dig them up when digging a signal.
SLCdigger, wow that's plain crazy stuff but I am sure you are accustomed to it by now!

Do you have to wear some type of high boots or shin pads made out of plastic to prevent bites?
I've been going back to some of my best sites for 30 years.  I've also been with the same Woman for 30 years. Both places seem to produce less and less each year.
Good one! You should be a joke writer or a stand up comic.
Better yet you should get onto a Comic TV show - that way I can turn you off!
Oh no did I say that - just trying to be funny - no ofense meant.
I did like your analogy of your favorite spots or detecting sites - should I say
(03-29-2015 08:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Good one! You should be a joke writer or a stand up comic.
Better yet you should get onto a Comic TV show - that way I can turn you off!
Oh no did I say that - just trying to be funny - no ofense meant.
I did like your analogy of your favorite spots or detecting sites - should I say

LOL! I never said either were my favorite spots!  Maybe I've got a problem with my coil connector?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's