Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: How many have gone back to see if there is another great coin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am wondering if we all do the same thing? Do you go back the next day or next week or just next time out - back to an area where you found a cool coin?
I did that today - and nada -

My last time out I was lucky enough to find a silver quarter on edge - then a few inches away a wheat cent on edge - I am still gassed about it - no brag -
But today's hunt turned out great for coins in the pocket but no oldies!
So - how many of the guys and gals on this forum do the same thing?

Help me out - am I nuts or is this just what happens in this hobby?
Your definitely not nuts Tony. I go back to sites where I've found good coins four or five times. Sometimes the next day, week, month or year with surprises and busts. There's different ground conditions, different settings, and different search patterns. I just do a do over. You can never hit the same spot "exactly" twice. That's one of my mottos. You just keep searching it and what you get is what you get. It's out there!

Ed/ODF
I have gone back to site in the past many times. Sometimes its a win and others no luck. If you (Tony) wants me to check out one of your old hot spots , I will !!! LOL
I've done it a lot over the years. I've gone over the same ground often sometimes finding good targets and somestimes not. Years ago my friend and I found a small old park and hunted it over 50 times over a period of about 10 years. We pulled out thousands of coins from large cents to a seated half. I'm sure there are still old coins there. Gerry
I have, with a different detector even, nothing more found.
I think it is human nature to return to an area that has been good to you.

Sometimes it pays off. Like last night, we returned to an area that has been good to us and it was worth it!! Happy
Bulletbob and Gerry - no problem with coming to my hot spots - but they are not that hot.
I always feel it is better to hunt with someone then alone. On the other side - this hobby should go both ways.

I did make a change or two to my settings and liked it, so I will see how it goes for a few more times before deciding if I should keep it set this way or not.
I'm not a relic or coin shooter but I tend to return to where I have found gold time and time again. It is a little different because I am looking for dropped gold and popular beaches are the place to go but I still favor beaches while I have been successful before.
I found a 40% at a lot. Went back three days later and found another 50 cent piece. It wasn't a 40% but it was cool to find two 50 cent coins in such a short amount of time.
Kajunman, I love finding big coins, congratulations on those cool finds!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's