Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A first for me and a double V and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got a Nel Sharpshooter coil for my T2 on Friday. I got up at 6 a.m. yesterday and hit my favorite old park. I gotta tell you this weather right now is amazing. The first cool thing I pulled out of the ground was a first for me. It actually excited me more than the rest. I got a kind of bouncy signal and dug and saw glass. I pulled out the top of an old bottle and put my pinpointer back in to find what I thought would be some kind of cap. Nothing the signal was gone. I looked at the bottle top again and there was a Hutchinson bottle pop top in the bottle still. I have dug these Hutchinson pieces alot at this spot, but never one still in the glass. Pretty cool. It was all filled with dirt and the sad part is that when I cleaned the dirt out the stopper was broken and fell out. I still think it's one of my coolest finds ever. Not long after that I pulled a V nickle. 1910 I could see on it. A little while later another V. Couldn't tell the date on this one(1900). I also got some buttons and something small and round feels heavy like lead and says Aetna on it? Don't know what that is. Got the usual bullets too. Looking at my junk pile you can see that you gotta dig the pulltabs to get those nickels(buttons too). It was fun. I think this new coil is staying on now.
Man Will nice variety of stuff! Love those V's! Still on my bucket list though. Those small coils are the kick aren't they. Going to rain here in about 4 hours so I'm outta here. WTG with the new coil!!!YesYesYes

Ed/ODF
The lead item might be from something related to gun powder There was an Aetna Powder Company in Indiana. Seems kinda small for a can cap though.
Thanks Ed. I really like this coil. It's alot like using the tiny 5" one, but it's bigger.

(04-19-2015 11:45 AM)caprock Wrote: [ -> ]The lead item might be from something related to gun powder There was an Aetna Powder Company in Indiana. Seems kinda small for a can cap though.

I think you are right Cap. Check out this link. https://books.google.com/books?id=PTBGAQ...er&f=false
Hello Pittsburgwill, yeah I agree - the weather has been terrific for metal detecting!
You have some nice finds all from around the same period! You certainly have a good site there.
I found out that the anchor button is from Navy 13 button bell bottoms. http://m.loveitsomuch.com/stores/vintage....html/full
Cool pistol bullets and lead bag seal Yes

Nice job on the V's too Cool
(04-20-2015 06:16 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Cool pistol bullets and lead bag seal Yes

Nice job on the V's too Cool

Hey Wayne. You mean the Aetna thing is a lead bag seal? I'm wondering about the thing next to the anchor button too. I think it's a button with a broken loop on the back.
Nice finds, Will! It's been a loooooong time since I've gotten a V nickel here, tough suckers to dig. That glass bottle top is sweet bro Yes

Joe
Nice finds Will!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's