Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #32 1912 Barber Quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was out yesterday for 2 hours, found two harmonica reeds a bunch of shotgun headstamps and some bullets and a musket ball, I'm almost certain. Post those over the weekend as I'm really busy at work with playoffs and the State Cup coming the following weekend.

But went to a new spot I've been eyeballing on maps and spent about 2.5 hours. Again, shotgun headstamps, couple of old rifled slugs, a few can tops and screw caps. A little more than halfway in, I found a spot that would be perfect for camping. Got another pile of shotgun headstamps, then started hitting foil, melted foil. Okay, so when I see this I start doing the circle thing. This Barber almost blew my ears out at 24 Sensitivity. Only 2 inches down, just settling into the clay. Then after widening my sweeps and slowing way down, and turning down the sensitivity, up pops what I think is a 1921 D wheat under high magnification. Then nothing No all the way back to the truck. Except for the usual junk when I got out closer to humanity.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed/ODF
Jeeez Ed! Your having a helluva run on Barber quarters dude!
Nice save Ed Yes
Nice Job Ed.  I remember not too long ago when you were getting excited about hitting 20 FTY in January.  Now look at you go!!
NICE !! Congrats! I love seeing bigger silver in the hole!!
(05-22-2015 12:05 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Jeeez Ed! Your having a helluva run on Barber quarters dude!

Thanks Ray! I really am surprised myself. I gotta turn down the sensitivity. I coulda sworn this was a can top but the tone was just too high.

(05-22-2015 02:37 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]NICE !! Congrats! I love seeing bigger silver in the hole!!

I like that too! But this one was in pretty soft ground and when I popped the plug it went kerflooey like a landmine went off. I found it about 4 inches from the plug hole in the leaves with a clump of clay attached using the Pin Pointer. Strange that it hit so hard on 24 sense. I went over the area very carefully and there was nothing else there. It must have been flat as a pancake in the ground.
Another great quarter. You're only 32 ahead of me on the silver this year.
Great find there Ed, I hope you have a coil cover on your detector because you are burning up the ground out there. Way to go !!!!
ODF I think you have a shot at 60-70 silvers for the year.
(05-25-2015 06:34 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]ODF I think you have a shot at 60-70 silvers for the year.

I hope you're right! I didn't hit 32 until September 17th of last year. So I'm ahead of the curve, but the last three days have been a complete bust and I hope not a harbinger of things to come!

ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's