Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What does everyone do with their wheaties?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to save mine, but, then I just started tumbling them with the rest of my clad to bring to the coin star or bank. Now I've just been tossing them in the trash. I know, I know, I had to work DAMN hard for those pennies, but, I have soooo much 'stuff' around from over the years, the items of least significance has to go. Unless of course they are mis-strikes, keys or semis.

What do you guys do with them?

Joe
Coinstar...figure I'd give someone a cheap thrill
You throw away money?

You throw away indians too?
(08-16-2013 11:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]You throw away money?

No, not Indians...not in a million years. Just the memorials & wheats. I know, kinda crazy, but, that's me Tongue

Ray, lets pool our wheats & save up for a CTX. You can use it one week, then send it to me, and vice versa, lol.

Joe
(08-16-2013 11:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

No, not Indians...not in a million years. Just the memorials & wheats. I know, kinda crazy, but, that's me Tongue

Ray, lets pool our wheats & save up for a CTX. You can use it one week, then send it to me, and vice versa, lol.

Joe

So you would cherish a 1908 penny and throw a 1909 in the trash. That makes no sense.
(08-16-2013 11:56 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013 11:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

So you would cherish a 1908 penny and throw a 1909 in the trash.  That makes no sense.

Well, Indian heads are a thing of beauty to me, one of the best designs ever. Don't get me wrong, I still have bags & bags of wheats tucked away, but, on my hunts nowadays, I only find a handful per outting, a fair amount of which are toasted, so, instead of hoarding 5 here, or 6 there, I just trash'm.
Well, I still save all my Wheaties.  Every couple years I tumbrel them all and throw them in another bucket!! Happy

I rarely even check dates before tumbling as I figure they came out of the ground and numismatic value is zilch.  But every now and then if a clean one pops out I will make sure it is not a 09 S VDB.  Never found one of those yet!  Got a few 09S but no VDB

The shiny wheats sit in the garage somewhere!! next to the bucket of clad, next to the bucket of relics etc
Dude those 09 s's could pull 50 bucks on ebay easy!

I wanna try electrolysis on mine...does tumbling works better?
Tumbling is a lot easier!! Happy
I tumbled a bunch once, and found out there was 5 or6 indians hiding in the wheat pile.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's