Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. I am Victor, from Loganville, GA. I received a Garrett Groundhog a few month back from a family friend when he went into assisted living. I have been scouring a multitude of forums and absorbing lots of information since them.

I recently joined the MD club in my area and bought a Tesoro Compadre from one of the members. I'm having a blast with it, but it's eating the batteries. Rechargeable ones are on my list. I am mainly going to tot lots so I can work on my plugs without making too much of a mess.Chuckle

I know I will be upgrading sometime (probably not until at least summer) and it seems that I change my mind about what to get with every other review or testimonial.

Looking forward to learning more from you guys. HH
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio!! Go ahead and fire away with any questions you might have. Lot of guys on this site with years of experience and plenty of different machine usage!!

Ed/ODF
Welcome from south jersey! Ed said it pretty well. We here at treasure classifieds will try our best with whatever questions you may have and make you feel at home. Hope you enjoy and happy hunting!

Also make sure to check out the show and tell thread and put up some posts of what you've found!

Gl and hh

Zach
Welcome to the forum.

Which Groundhog do you have? They were excellent machine back in the late 1970's-1980's/
If its in mint shape, working with two coils, they are still in demand.
It could easily partial fund an upgrade if sold on ebay.

Compadre is an excellent detector, great for tot lots. Very popular.
Are you using 9 volt alkaline batteries? It should get at least 20 hours
on one. Heavy Duty 9 volts will drain fast.

have fun
Welcome to the forums! Look forward to hearing your stories.
Welcome the the forum from Massachusetts,,help is here from many great detectorist Ed saud it best,, ask away ,,HH
Welcome, Victor!!! Hopefully we can help you ease your way into the hobby quicker, via both inspiration & information.

Sven is the resident guru on detector technicalities, and he's also a genius when it comes to many of the vintage units, as well. If you're in a pinch, or have any issues, feel free to post them here.

Be forewarned, this hobby is a BLAST, but can also be VERY addicting, lol.

Thanks for joining us, and we look forward to seeing your treasure hunting journey progress Yes

Joe
Welcome to the forum Ground hog, I am in Wisconsin and winter is finally on the way. Cannot wait till march. I hear you about looking at new detectors there are so many to chose from it will drive you nuts. You are lucky you don't need much for a machine to look in tot lots All you need is something that is easy to understand
Welcome to the forum Groundhog
Thank you for all the replies and information.

@Sven : I have the Coin Hunter and it is in perfect shape. Jim, the fellow I got it from made a wooden case for it and it looks like he hardly ever used it. It only came with one coil, though, a 7 in solid white disc. The receipt for the machine, a headset, and a digger was in the box too. He bought it in Feb. 1979.

I checked the battery in the Compadre and it was not alkaline. I bought a pack of the good ones. Another lesson learned.Happy

Nothing more than a bit of clad and some metal junk found so far, but I'm having a good time. My wife came out with me once and after watching a while, she said I looked like a nerd. I'm sure she will change her tune when I find her something that glitters.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's