Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #104 > 106! 2.5 hours in light rain on grass!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been a complete bust since the 9th and it was raining lightly so I said I'll just have to go and do some grass. The leaves are now so thick in the woods that I have to run 28 to 32 sense just to get down 2 or 3 inches into the soil, and move so slow it's a veritable crawl, so I said forget it. Into an hour of a gridding pattern on a patch of grass 60 x200 feet, hit the 51 Rosie. 3 feet further, hit the 60 D Rosie, then found a 41 wheat (not shown) about 2 feet from there. Resumed the grid and did 2 more passes. At the end of the second pass, hit (Literally, because I scratched it!) the 35 Washington. Stopped raining enough by then to take a pic of it in the hole. Continued the grid to completion with a 56 wheat, about $1.60 in clad, (Damn High Relief Memorials and dimes drove me nuts!), some Zincolns and a pouch full of pulltabs, beaver tails and flattened screwcaps. Although I really cherry picked the devil out of the area, I was also hitting iron signal, mineralization and beer bottle caps like crazy! Nulling was very high.

Sense 18, Gain 7, Ferrous, Normal, 14 Iron Mask. I always keep the sense low on grass. Doesn't matter there because 8 to 10" down is solid bedrock.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ps... Was using the small 6x8 SEF coil. Things a killer in trashy areas compared to the 11" Pro Coil. You still have to dig iffy's but it cuts it back a good 50%.

Ed
Ed thats great details on how you hunt i appreciate that,,even know we have different machines i migh try doing the low sens in grassy areas as when i am in the woods too its all good detecting soft soil,,great finds bud and thanks
(12-14-2015 09:53 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Ed thats great details on how you hunt i appreciate that,,even know we have different machines i migh try doing the low sens in grassy areas as when i am in the woods too its all good detecting soft soil,,great finds bud and thanks

Thanks Scott! I appreciate your response as well. I am so bushed from concentrating on signal that I'm going to bed. Saw your latest post and WTG! But this cherry picking has taken the stuffings out of me! There's no place like home!! LOL! That was with my 6x8 SEF coil btw!

Ed
Ok, that DOES it, I'm taking away your SE! It's an unfair advantage for everyone else in OH!!! You're blessed, as the mild winter has enabled you to keep adding more shiny to the pile Yes If it were me trying to hit those numbers, it would've already been below zero in October! Chuckle

I'm hot on your heels...starting next season! LOL. Fantastic, Ed Wink

Joe
14 more Silver for a average of 10 Silver a month! #120!!! I believe in you!
LETS GO EDDDDD NA NA NANA NA!
(12-15-2015 12:12 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, that DOES it, I'm taking away your SE! It's an unfair advantage for everyone else in OH!!! You're blessed, as the mild winter has enabled you to keep adding more shiny to the pile Yes If it were me trying to hit those numbers, it would've already been below zero in October! Chuckle

I'm hot on your heels...starting next season! LOL. Fantastic, Ed Wink

Joe

Thanks Joe! I'm kinda perplexed in that I found these in grass at a park I frequent, as opposed to the woods I do, which is a random crapshoot to find anything. I have said to myself that I have to start doing pattern searches on grass and I've been slowly finding out that disciplining myself to do just that is actually working. I've been over and through this area in the past with virtually nothing other than clad, but then it was a, "Let's try over here.", kinda search. So I spent some time there yesterday and even re swept paths if I wasn't sure that I was on track with the grid I was doing. So for you guys that get discouraged because you may not be finding anything, slow down, cover the ground methodically and listen for tone. I watch the digital closely too on the SE. Sometimes tone and digital don't match. Like in the case of the quarter, High tone, digital 8-29 with a very, very narrow 1-29. I thought it may be a high relief penny or a clad dime. Surprise!!!! I was seeing through a very small little fingernail piece of foil with the quarter at 6 inches down.

It won't all be wine and roses all the time, but on those few that are, it will.

Ed
Congrats on the rosies and Big Silver! You're killing it! Hope you continue to find those sweeties! GL HH!
Congratulations, Ed. Low and slow is the way to go
Good deal Ed Yes

Been raining for days here too No

Beer
Not bad for a days work. Good job and great post !
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's