Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Research/Historic aerial views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've learned of a pretty cool site today where you can go back in time and compare to today's maps or older maps as well. Finding out about this will for sure help me out ALOT and I hope it does for you guys as well.

http://www.historicaerials.com/

The example image's are of where I detect
Fantastic tool Zach. Much easier than going to libraries or county agriculture offices to pick up maps and aerials. Used both of those years ago to scout sites for Indian artifact hunting. A friend deep into detecting did the same and had great finds in historic coins and relics. Thanks, many on the forum will like this.
I agree shade! I've always wanted to go to the library to check out some old maps and stuff. But knowing about this would save trips if I was to go, for sure.
And no problem! Enjoy! And HH
That site is fantastic, and is probably responsible for some outstanding finds made by detectorists within the past few years. Couple with old maps, it's really amazing what places one can uncover. I use it from time to time, and it never disappoints Yes

Joe
I use that site to discover many places around my area. Has helped me score big-time
When I'm not out detecting, I'm looking at those!! Yes Great site!

Ed
Reference URL's