Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cold Windy but # 5 and # 6 came to light!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cold and windy today but # 5 and # 6 came to light, 1943 mercury dime and a 1964 D Roosevelt dime. 7 wheat cents and a 1928 buffalo nickle(it looks like a 28 but really worn), it was in the same hole with the brass key. Also a strange looking lock - It might have the word Conrad on the top. I need to clean it up some more. There is a shiny wheat cent in the photo that I rescued from the grocery store today - it is 1919. The oldest dug wheat was a 1934, the rest are 40's and 50's.
Get out there if you can and enjoy the hobby
That's a nice haul Tony! Everybody would be happy with results like that. Like you I always check my change---surprising how many wheats  are still circulating.
Very nice Tony silver count is growing. Before you know it be at 20 with the strange weather this year. Keep up with the count and the great digging. HH
Great finds Big T!! You're hitting the right areas for sure. Got skunked today here! (Again) Good luck this weekend if you get out!

Ed
Thanks guys! Yeah finding wheat cents in the change is surprising.

Ed, to bad you got skunked....but I am certain you will rise up real soon.

Get out there if you can and enjoy the hobby
Congrats Tony on bagging a couple more elusive silvers!!
BigTony you're popping out of the ground like it is a easy task. Congratulations! GL HH!
Congrats on #6! A ton of coins, awesome...! Nice job YesYes
Thanks guys, I agree it is not easy getting elusive silvers to show the light of day.
I wonder about folks new to the hobby and how they cope with harden down park dirt.
Sometimes it is so hard - maybe that is why these little silver coins seem so well hidden.
For the new folks in the hobby:
Most of yesterday's wheat cents were not text book signals. One was even a one way hit but the sound was there.
The two small silver coins were very elusive - tiny signals and not text book high numbers. The display played a big role and then the sound.
Good luck - get out as soon as you can - spring wet weather is good moisture time .
Reference URL's