Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: TAKE A SEAT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went back to where I got the trifecta again today. I went there Monday as well and found a Merc and a Roo Penny. Today's hunt is worth writing about. I decided to put the 17in coil on my CTX and started walking to the back of the field. My first signal that I decided to dig was one off my bucket list! I got a 12-39, 12-40, 12-41 with some iron grunt at 12in. I dug a big hole and took out all the dirt and as I scanned my pile I saw silver but was not ready for what it was. I had my first ever seated coin! A 1877 seated dime! Silver #22 FTY. Well for a while that was it. I found a few buttons and a key then about a hour and a half later I scored a 1899 Indian cent. The Indian was encrusted in something and is toasted. Well the field is about empty of signals now so not sure how many more trips I will make there but it was fun while it lasted. LOL

[Image: 100_3078_zpsupvwbymb.jpg]
[Image: 100_3081_zpslunisozx.jpg]
[Image: 100_3083_zpspjap7y2u.jpg]
[Image: 100_3090_zps9w8oxvvd.jpg]
[Image: 100_3091_zpshpadbkev.jpg]
[Image: 100_3093_zpsgx7nrqpq.jpg]
[Image: 100_3096_zps1y9dxqzv.jpg]
[Image: 100_3097_zpse547tioi.jpg]
[Image: 100_3098_zps6aj3anjx.jpg]
Congrats on the Seated and the IH!! Both very, very hard to come by in my neck of the woods!! WTG Wild!! YesYesYesBeer

Ed/ODF
Finding an Indian Head penny was always a good clue we found an old spot....
Finding the seated confirms you have an old spot worth hunting carefully.
Congratulations on those cool finds! Very nice indeed.
Those are nice discoveries. And I think Sven is right. Best to give that area another look. Might be some more of the older stuff there.
Right On!! Congrats on your first Seated!!
Congrats on your first seated. Beautiful coin! Keep it upYesYes
Congratulations on a super find
Reference URL's