Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Button field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hit up the button field again today for shits and giggles.

*****ALERT******
Story time! Cut to the bottom for the finds

Withen a hour of me being there a guy pulls up and jumps out with a detector. I don't mind, its whatever. I share. Cassandra finally gets to the field with food so we eat and what not and he's inching closer and closer to my goodie spot where I was detecting. I finish my food and go to get out and talk and possibly make a new friend and what not and he pretty much completely ignores I'm coming towards him and he keeps swinging and keeps on moving even though he saw me. Several times I went to try and speak with him but it felt as he just kept on evading me. Maybe its the big bushy beard I've been growing and I'm a little intimidating, no idea. So he gets done before me and I look around for him and he's back at his truck and leaving. Would of figured he'd of came over and said hey if he was done but I guess not. So yeah! Weird encounter. Kinda awkward.

******Finds******
But today as you can see I've found 7 flat buttons ranging in size. One with a sweet back mark. (W.m woods and co treble gilt phila) my first two piece button, a ball button and 3 little bullets.
As much as I love finding coins I enjoy the button field just as much!

Enjoy and hh

I can't find anything on w.m wood treble gilt phila button. Can anyone help out?
Thanks in advance. Pretty sure the front is plain.
Zach, repeat after me, (not a belch!), "That guy was an IGNORAMUS!". Chuckle
And they "are" out there! You're being watched my friend! Sad No

********************************************************************************​*******************************************************************

And great finds but I'm no expert on buttons. RonCA and Bullet Bob are the hummers on those finds!

Ed/ODF
Z, you are destroying the buttons!!! I tried googling a variety of plays on WM WOOD & Co., yet nothing came up. I'd recommend contacting this fella, as he's properly I.D.'d some tough buttons before, for a few guys. He is a button expert! http://rafael@shilohrelics.com

Man, not only are you killing the buttons, but they are in fantastic shape, too.

As far as the loner, let's all get together and do a Trump rally style beating on his a$$!!! Chuckle

Joe
It's shouldn't be like that Zach, but it happens from time to time. Last time a hunter approached me while detecting, we ended up sharing tips, suggesting places the other might not have looked etc.--made a new friend. At least you tried to do it right.
Nice bunch of finds, and I hope the interloper didn't get wind of your sweet spot.
Thanks Ed, Joe and shade!
Ed, I've lost you. And I'm sorta scared now as I feel like next time I go there he's going to try to steal me.
Joe, thanks for looking man and for the contact.
That's what I thought shade. I was expecting to have a nice conversation. Not to be ignored. Maybe he was there before and thought it was "his field" or something so he was pissed. No clue. Owell!

Hopefully I scared him off and he won't return! Haha. But if he does and I'm there I'm gonna chase after him until he speaks with me. Damnit.
Great digs! Buttons are awesome. Is that a blow hole button leaned up against the bent flat button?
(03-17-2016 05:19 AM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Great digs! Buttons are awesome. Is that a blow hole button leaned up against the bent flat button?

Thanks relic. It's not, sadly. My detecting buddy asked the same thing. He told me to look and i did but there are no holes. He has gotten a blow hole button out of the same field.
Congratulations on the nice buttons! I would not worry about the other guy to much. If I make a effort to be friendly, especially when I was in the area first and someone ignores me. I'm done, I know enough about them and it is best we keep our distance.

You should use caution when hunting there not reveal exact location, regardless if he has been hunting that spot prior to you. You might want to leave slight signs of excavations in a not so good spot. This might help drawn his attention to another area.

When you jumped up, I hope he did not sense he was approaching your sweet spot. These are all clues we sometimes give away on accident not realising we are being investigated.

That's the pirate in us. Lol
Cool buttons, congratulations! Too bad you met up with a crank who wanted in on your area. I don't think he will bother you but he might want to detect there again.
It happened to me as well it that guy called the police and I was tossed out. I met him a few years later and he is still a jerk. Don't let a jerk push you off of your park bench - have fun and enjoy your favorite spot. That is what this hobby is all about
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's