Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: !!BOOM!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went with a friend to check out an old cabin site, but it didn't pan out. Stopped in a field on the way to the truck, hoping to nab a military button. That didn't pan out either, but did find several mortar tails, then, to our surprise an intact mortar! ( Minus the business end ) I know nothing about them, but my friend does, so he has everything. I gave him the 9 tail fins that I dug, as well as fuses and shrapnel. Fun day!

[Image: 14582306973410_zpsnukmmkl9.jpg]

[Image: 14582307282740_zpsxp8grv2c.jpg]
That is CRAZY!!! Probably wasn't live when you found it, but you never know, as I've heard of live ordinance being found before. Did the signal blow your ears off? Any idea on the age? Amazing find, bud Beer

Joe
The signal was alot like a large copper. High tone, 09:41 on the etrac. They are WWII. The date stamp on the nice mortar is 1942. That one was sticking straight up and down. That's probably why it still has the original paint in it. The business end is gone, so it's safe.
I 2nd the craziness! They look freaky scary, glad the bad end is missing. But you never know, might be a live round out there. Be careful.
Yeah, I 3rd. I have no idea about mortars. If I found that I'd be bugging hardcore. I'd have to go a safe distance and do a little googling before handling. But its good its safe YesYes cool finds and thanks for sharing
Haha thanks guys. These ones weRe found in a practice range at a wwii military training camp. The next range over was for the real stuff. These 2 may have been smoke mortars.

So the bomb squad is on their way to my buddy's house Chuckle
Crazy stuff there Relic! Used to have a bud whose nickname was 6 fingered Al! BOOM! Little too much for me! I would've left the place to itself!!

Ed
(03-17-2016 07:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Crazy stuff there Relic! Used to have a bud whose nickname was 6 fingered Al! BOOM! Little too much for me! I would've left the place to itself!!

Ed

Haha. The scary part is that they cultivate blueberries in that field. They were barely in the ground. They have a tractor that burns the fields every 2 years and mows it on the third year. They are lucky they didn't detonate it. The rusty one is a dropped mortar with the protective cap still on it. It's not a smoke or training mortar. ..it's the real deal! !
Holy mackerel Medic that's insane. What a discovery button what button after those digs
Lol thanks Scott. You're right...totally forgot about buttons after we dug those!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's