Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally got warmed up , but still shaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I braved the sub freezing temps and beat the snow storm that was coming in and hit the old tavern/auction house site I have been detecting.
    Even bundled up an hour and a half was all this old body could stand.
  It started out with about 5 pounds of junk with one wheaty , a 1919 .
   Then I got a merc with a hole worn into the middle ( a 1936). 
   Just about the time I was about to call it a day I got a nice high tone and at about 6 inches out popped what I thought would be the find of the day , an 1887 seated dime. I was cold , the dark clouds were coming in fast and the wind was picking up , but I rescanned my hole and am I glad I did , it was a vdi of 50 , not normally anything other than junk but also in the gold range. 
   Just at the edge of the hole about the same depth as the dime was a glint of gold , my first non jewelry gold coin an 1849 gold dollar. She has scratches , but she is (apologies to my wife) the prettiest lady I have ever seen, 
   Even if for some reason I cannot detect the rest of the season I will mark 2016 a great year!
HH
Pat
[attachment=7998]
Awesome find bud! I'd be happy with just that for the year as well! Amazing gold piece!!!YesYes
OMDG Pat! That is a PHENOMENAL FIND. I mean I love the Merc and great catch on the Seated, but that $1 dollar gold is a find of a lifetime! I vote banner! Can you get us a better pic? That deserves it's own pic! So does the seated too! Absolutely great finds man! Yes Yes Yes Lotta Beer ! Braving the weather has it's advantages!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Ed
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Amazing day for you congratulations on all the finds. Especially the gold!! Second the banner YesYes
Damn!!! that is awesome and your a better man then me, cause I didn't even make it to my car before i said the hell with goin today cause it was cold,windy and then started to snow, so way to tough it out.
(04-02-2016 08:59 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]OMDG Pat! That is a PHENOMENAL FIND. I mean I love the Merc and great catch on the Seated, but that $1 dollar gold is a find of a lifetime! I vote banner! Can you get us a better pic? That deserves it's own pic! So does the seated too! Absolutely great finds man! Yes Yes Yes  Lotta Beer ! Braving the weather has it's advantages!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Ed

Ok I am not much of a photographer , and I am using my iPad to take this pic , but here you go. 
   Thanks all for the comments.
[attachment=8000]
Congratulations, those are terrific finds and awesome at the same time
Sweet baby Jesus that's awesome!!!!!! Congratulations! I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said...WOW!
Outstanding digsit. I too vote banner.
Congratulations Digsit! That's a beauty! Wow, that was a awesome hunting trip. Hope you continue to find those sweeties. GL HH!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's