Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I found a clay pipe stem but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I lost it! I've been going crazy looking for it. I'm really hoping it turns up so I can try and date it! It's my first pipe stem I've ever found. Been wanting a pipe stem or head and a arrow head as a eyeball find for awhile now. If I find it I'll be sure to post a pic of it in my next show and tell of buttons or coins.

Happy hunting all and enjoy!
I hope you find it bud. I love finding those. How do you date them? Is there a website or are you just really knowledgeable?
That's a bummer but hopefully it will turn up.
I have dropped finds in my pouch and missed the pocket, it happens.
There are more out there because the pipe stems were really long and the user would break off a piece every now and then to get more smoke down the stem.
Tony, I found it! Check it out in show and tell.

Relic, the size of the hole. Google how to date them and it'll come up! I'm not exactly what to use or how to do it but I'm gonna figure outYes
(04-03-2016 09:42 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Tony, I found it! Check it out in show and tell.

Relic, the size of the hole. Google how to date them and it'll come up! I'm not exactly what to use or how to do it but I'm gonna figure outYes

Where was it?
Don't feel bad, Z, I am VERY poor with tracking my finds Sad I always START the year in good order, but over the course of the season, I forget to empty my pouch, will unknowingly leave things in my pockets, etc. It's common for me to be rifling through a drawer or box, and stumble upon a silver I forgot about finding, or some cool relic I never posted. It's not intentional, just ACD (accidental scatterbrain disorder) Chuckle

Joe
Reference URL's