Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fun week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOT! Got back from my excellent jaunt up in Massachusetts last Monday, and had to go into work the next day (always a thrill, lol), and then had to get my registration renewed Wednesday. The photo below isn't the parole office, it's actually me on line at the DMV in beautiful, sunny Newark, NJ Puke They open at 8, and I got there 7:30 on the dot, only to find the parking lot filled to the brim, and about 50 people already ahead of me on line. Between all the puffy jackets, expensive sneakers & gaudy gold jewelry, it felt like I was starring in a rap video No Got lucky and found a parking space, waited the 30 minutes till they opened the doors, only to get inside and find out they were short staffed, and had ONE person doing a round robin for THREE lines, which of course was one of the one's that I was in. To make matter worse, there were hundreds of people there from the day BEFORE, since they sent everyone home at noon, due to not being able to handle the large crowds. Almost 2 hours for what should normally take maybe 5 minutes, at best.

Hunted some woods on Thursday, where coins (and soda cans) were all down at about the 12" mark, due to the area getting constantly flooded after it rains. Found nothing of note, however...

I DID manage to take home some sort of rash on my leg, which swelled my skin up in about a 4" area, and was oozing puss in some spots.

We had torrential rain here on Friday night, which I'm always grateful for, as it's great for detecting, but I went out the next morning to find I left my window about 25% down due to the heat from the day before, and the entire drivers side was sopping wet.

I'm alive though, so it ain't ALL bad!!! Tongue How was YOUR week?!

Joe
Jeeze sounds like a good time Joe! Hopefully you can get down here soon and we can find some treasure. Hope everything starts settling down for you!
Joe down here we have to go get our vehicle inspected. They give us a piece of paper saying it passed. Then we can go to our local grocery store and get our sticker. It's a great thing.
We have inspections too for environmental compliance. Every two years depending on the year the vehicle was made. They used to be $20 cash only but now they're free. The State of Ohio finagled a way to pay for it out of Federal Highway Funds. Only in counties where the population is high. But I usually go out to the BMV in the Burbs and it takes about a half hour max during the week. The years when I don't get my vehicle inspected I just mail them a check. Takes about 3 weeks to get a sticker back. Even renewal of my Operator's License took only about a half hour. I think there were two people ahead of me. Years ago I took a day off of work to go transfer a title on a vehicle when I worked in NYC. It was either out in Yonkers or White Plains, I can't exactly remember but it took the whole day.

Ed
(04-04-2016 05:03 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Joe down here we have to go get our vehicle inspected. They give us a piece of paper saying it passed. Then we can go to our local grocery store and get our sticker. It's a great thing.

Well, inspections work differently here. We can go into any service station that is licensed by the state, and they can perform an inspection. It's normally about $50. Unless there's a major problem like brake failure, the engine is shot, etc., they're pretty lax in terms of passing a vehicle. So, the inspection process isn't too bad, but I like your system better! The real problem is...

Having to go into the DMV itself. One simply has to accept it's going to be a minimum of a few hours wasted in total hell, but that's the state of NJ for you Happy

We can actually renew our registration through the mail, but it takes about 2 weeks for the system to be updated, and to receive the new registration, but I waited until the last second, and I needed to physically go into the office, to prevent my license from being suspended.

Joe
This past week I have another cold - coughing, hacking and feeling really tired. This crazy weather kicked my butt.
Sorry to hear you had a tough field to hoe in Newark DMV. And then again at some flood plain.
Any government office is hell. Ain't life a beach. This week is going pretty good for me so far. I got Guns N Roses tickets!!!!
Yeah, they're playing about 2 miles from me at Met Life arena, on July 23rd, but I didn't get tix. That is gonna be one wild concert! Get your lighter ready, Will Rock

Joe
Joe you should try going over to the Oakland office, that was always a fast turn around there.I think even the Wayne office on rt.46 would of been better.
(04-05-2016 07:11 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Joe you should try going over to the Oakland office, that was always a fast turn around there.I think even the Wayne office on rt.46 would of been better.

Thanks, Bob. My buddy also told me about the Oakland office many times, but the farther trip might cancel out the time savings. I might just try it one day, however. What I know for sure though is, stay the HELL out of the Newark location! It's vastly overcrowded, and the clientele (and staff) is surely the lowest common denominator in the food chain Yes

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's