Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: dropping out for a while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends. My wife is suffering more complications from her many spinal surgeries last year and today the surgeon said another one is needed promptly to relieve the pain and partial paralysis. I rarely get out with the detector now, and it looks like even that little bit will be out of the question for several more months. So I'm going to drop out of the forum and detecting for a while. It has been a fun and educational experience, and I wish each of you great success.  I will try to take a look here from time to time, just to see what treasures you are all finding. Good luck to all and enjoy the meeting place---it's a great one.
Very sorry to hear of this, but a more needed task is ahead of you and I pray that everything comes to a benefit for your wife. The best of luck to your wife for the coming trial of surgery. I was close to that about 20 years ago and I know the enormous pain simply cannot be described to others who have not had it. I'll keep you and your wife in my nightly thanks that I know and understand what you're going through.

We will always be here. Please keep us updated as you can.

Ed
Sorry to hear of her continued troubles. First things first and you being there for her means so much to her. I will keep you both in my thoughts.
Shade we all say our detector is our best friend. Right now your true best friend needs you.  I hope the good lord spreads his arms around your wife and helps her heal. See you on your journey back. Until then wishing for a speedy full recovery Sad
Shade, hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to slip away from us that easily, as you're now officially one of us...a member of the cuckoo's nest, lol.

I think you know you've got a home here, and many friends, so whether you're able to stop in every week, or every 6 months, we'll always have an empty bar stool waiting for you Beer

I wish you, your wife & family the best during this difficult time, and with the good lord's prayers, I'm sure everything will be fine.

P.S. - Don't forget to throw your entry in the ring for the contest, which I'll be announcing this weekend.

Joe
Please know that you have our respect and support. We will be thinking of you and your wife in the times ahead and wish you both the best of luck, and your wife a speedy recovery. Sometimes we need to vent or confide in people that understand our situation. If you need to do so, we will be here. Take care of the important business and when you're ready to come back to the hobby and community, we would love to hear from you. Keep us posted. All the best brother.
It's great that your priorities are right. I will keep her and you in my prayers.
Take care of her ( but don't forget to take care of you as well)
Pat
Thanks guys for all the kind words of support. It means more to me than I am able to express that my TC family has our welfare in its heart. I showed these posts to my wife and she is touched that so many are concerned for her. You are the best!
I'm sorry to hear shade. You and your wife will be in my prayers. I hope and wish you two the best!
Zach
Reference URL's