Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NEW CONTEST APRIL 10th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, fellas, here's the scoop on the new contest...

This will be based on the winning EVENING drawn numbers for NJ Pick 4, on May 10th. How to enter, play & win...

Every member gets one entry/guess in the contest, which MUST be placed in this thread. Simply choose a random number from 0000 to 9999. The top TWO members who come closest to the drawn Pick 4 winning number, WITHOUT going over, will win the prizes.

The member who comes closest to the winning drawn number, will win a...

*Lortone Tumbler 3lb Barrel Professional Series Model - One of the BEST tumblers for cleaning your many clad coins.

The member who comes second closest to the winning drawn number, will receive...

*12 Pair (one year supply) Ansell Hyflex Lite Gloves - Unless I run out, I use these digging gloves religiously, as they're extremely tough and durable, yet thin enough to still feel coins, relics & other items while wearing them.

Again, drawing is based on the EVENING draw of Pick 4, NJ Lotto, on May 10th, which should give mostly everyone enough time and a chance to see this and enter. One guess per member, which must be made in this thread.

Good luck to all!!!

Joe
entry withdrawn
Jackyl, I posted in another thread about the requirements for this contest, which I don't believe you qualify for, BUT, I'll leave it up to our members...

Guys, Jackyl has been a member here for a year now, with a total of 11 posts, ALL of which have been as entries for contests. While I'm sure he's a nice guy, he hasn't posted any finds, any encouraging comments on others' finds, etc., and I don't feel this is fair to our regular, contributing members, or me. Should Jackyl be alllowed to enter?

If you'd rather not post here, just PM me your thoughts.

Joe
(04-10-2016 08:04 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Jackyl, I posted in another thread about the requirements for this contest, which I don't believe you qualify for, BUT, I'll leave it up to our members...

Guys, Jackyl has been a member here for a year now, with a total of 11 posts, ALL of which have been as entries for contests. While I'm sure he's a nice guy, he hasn't posted any finds, any encouraging comments on others' finds, etc., and I don't feel this is fair to our regular, contributing members, or me. Should Jackyl be alllowed to enter?

Joe
Sorry I was unaware of the other thread about the requirements for this contest.
I withdraw my entry. No more needs to be said.
In my opinion, you should have to put the work in to reap the rewards. Nothing against this gentleman personally, just that it indeed isn't fair to the contributing membership. There are rules in place in every forum I belong to, and I belong to several. When holding contests and giveaways, the rules are the same as they are here. It wouldn't fly in any of the other forums I belong to, so with that in mind, I'll leave that with the Admin.

I tried to delete the above post. I was typing as Jackyl was responding.
(04-10-2016 08:09 PM)Jackyl Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2016 08:04 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Jackyl, I posted in another thread about the requirements for this contest, which I don't believe you qualify for, BUT, I'll leave it up to our members...

Joe
Sorry I was unaware of the other thread about the requirements for this contest.

Thanks for understanding. I've held countless contests, always open to all, but regular, commited members here lose out in a sense, since people just pop in out of nowhere and enter. It's just not fair to the contributors who invest their time & energy here. Apologies.

Joe
(04-10-2016 08:14 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, you should have to put the work in to reap the rewards.  Nothing against this gentleman personally, just that it indeed isn't fair to the contributing membership. There are rules in place in every forum I belong to, and I belong to several. When holding contests and giveaways, the rules are the same as they are here. It wouldn't fly in any of the other forums I belong to, so with that in mind, I'll leave that with the Admin.
Oversight on my part. Rules are rules therefore I did indeed delete my entry.
I WOULD LIKE MY ENTRY TO BE 3747
(04-10-2016 08:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2016 08:09 PM)Jackyl Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Thanks for understanding. I've held countless contests, always open to all, but regular, commited members here lose out in a sense, since people just pop in out of nowhere and enter. It's just not fair to the contributors who invest their time & energy here. Apologies.

Joe
No apologies necessary. Sorry but I don't have any cool/nice finds to post or helpful input to offer as I myself am still learning and I don't get to detect as much as I'd like to. I actually forgot about this forum and just happened to be reminded about it tonight when I received an email about this contest. In fact It's the first email I have gotten from this forum about anything in months.
The reason you received an email (the first in many months), is because you're obviously subscibed to receive updates from the contest area. The same as any other section.

Imagine if you (or someone else) who isn't a regular poster won the contest. You're basically stealing someone elses prize, who is probably a regular, contributing member here. Not fair, IMO.

In terms of having nothing to post, fair enough, however, you can still come here and show support for other members finds, ask questions, etc. But, again, you have just 11 posts, all of which are enties to contests.

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's