Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: This is GOOD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I commend this town for being in the tiny minority of those with common sense, who actually work hand-in-hand WITH it's residents, not against them. And a monument should be dedicated to the fella who wrote in, requesting the township's rules be amended, so he can enjoy an innocent hobby Yes

This goes to show that a metal detecting organization representing detectorist rights isn't needed. It's nice to have, but not 100% necessary. It just takes us, the detectorists, being vocal enough, putting pen to paper, and fighting these ordinances one-by-one, dealing directly with the powers that be.

As the hobby grows, and our dollars flow, we have a strong base. A strong base is hard to tackle. But it all starts just like the gentleman in the article...

Being fed up enough to take action.

http://www.westofthei.com/2016/03/29/bri...lage-parks

Joe
Awesome!
Wow, that was cool, I am happy for them folks.
(04-12-2016 08:58 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that was cool, I am happy for them folks.

One angry detectorist, a letter, and some major chutzpah got a town to reverse it's stance on metal detecting. This is HUGE. Some of the national organizations cannot even accomplish this. If I lived in that town, I'd hold a fundraiser for that guy, and help buy him a CTX Yes

Joe
Volusia county Florida is restricted aswell. These politicians are NUTS! Keep fighting the rules guys! More parks you are allowed to "look at" I thought parks belonged to the public? Maybe I'm the dummy....
Public parks for detectorist!
(04-12-2016 02:01 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I commend this town for being in the tiny minority of those with common sense, who actually work hand-in-hand WITH it's residents, not against them. And a monument should be dedicated to the fella who wrote in, requesting the township's rules be amended, so he can enjoy an innocent hobby Yes

This goes to show that a metal detecting organization representing detectorist rights isn't needed. It's nice to have, but not 100% necessary. It just takes us, the detectorists, being vocal enough, putting pen to paper, and fighting these ordinances one-by-one, dealing directly with the powers that be.

As the hobby grows, and our dollars flow, we have a strong base. A strong base is hard to tackle. But it all starts just like the gentleman in the article...

Being fed up enough to take action.

http://www.westofthei.com/2016/03/29/bri...lage-parks

Joe

Nice,good for them!
Nice work Dallas! Only one stick in the eye on that board. I agree with their assessment about playground equipment. Everybody is lawsuit happy these days. At least once a season the municipality I work in gets tagged with a playground incident. Back in the 60's they would have sited the parents for neglect. Today it's a free for all!

Ed
Reference URL's