Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Great Treasure Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To me, I don't think anything can ever beat "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", it's the Rolls-Royce of treasure hunting films, IMO. But I saw a damn good older flick last night, which I'm surprised never came on my radar, called "The Deep."

Great acting, story, suspense..the works. Not as good as TOTSM, but very entertaining. And with Nick Nolte, Eli Wallach, Lou Gossett Jr., Robert Shaw and Jacqueline Bissett, it packed a punch.

For those who never saw it, here's a brief description I plucked online...

Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bisset play a young couple enjoying a tropical vacation who discover a glass ampoule while scuba diving off the coast of Bermuda. It takes a seasoned treasure hunter (Shaw) to identify the ampoule as part of a valuable shipment of World War II morphine lost at sea, coincidentally, atop the even greater treasure of a sunken Spanish galleon. Thus begins a race for drugs and treasure pitting Nolte, Bisset, and Shaw against a ruthless drug lord (Louis Gossett Jr.) who'll do anything--even resort to Haitian voodoo--to get what he wants.

Check it out, if you can Happy

Joe
Good to know! I've checked Netflix and Hulu and neither are on there. Maybe xfinity has it! If not I'll check the antique store for the vhs! I looked into "the deep" and I'd like to check it out.
I liked some of the following!
The mummy series
Indiana Jones
Tomb raider
National treasure
Fools gold
Sahara

And more I can't think of. Obviously most of them are late 90s-late 2000s but I enjoyed them.
(04-13-2016 05:53 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know! I've checked Netflix and Hulu and neither are on there. Maybe xfinity has it! If not I'll check the antique store for the vhs! I looked into "the deep" and I'd like to check it out.
I liked some of the following!
The mummy series
Indiana Jones
Tomb raider
National treasure
Fools gold
Sahara

And more I can't think of. Obviously most of them are late 90s-late 2000s but I enjoyed them.

Here's a link to watch the original trailer, Zach...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LQzTL2RZyY

Joe
Looks a lot like another movie I forgot to mention. Into the blue with Paul walker and Jessica alba.

Looked more into it and into the blue was adapted from the deep! Cool.
I agree about Sierra Madre. It's a real honest to God classic and Bogart definitely rules the roost on crazy paranoia. Kinda the back end of Gold Fever! I actually feel he went to an insane asylum to pick up the character traits.

The Deep was a great flick too. I saw it so many years ago though that you just now brought it forward in my memory. I've seen Sierra Madre many times but The Deep just once. I'll have to look that up. Be interesting to watch it again.

Ed
(04-13-2016 06:09 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about Sierra Madre. It's a real honest to God classic and Bogart definitely rules the roost on crazy paranoia. Kinda the back end of Gold Fever! I actually feel he went to an insane asylum to pick up the character traits.

The Deep was a great flick too. I saw it so many years ago though that you just now brought it forward in my memory. I've seen Sierra Madre many times but The Deep just once. I'll have to look that up. Be interesting to watch it again.

Ed

Nowhere near the caliber of TOTSM, IMO, but a darn good treasure yarn.

Joe
Yeah, the scenery is fantastic, great movie.

For the kid in you watch "Goonies". Several years later the Whyda was found off the cost of Mass.
GOONIES!!! Greatest treasure movie of all time.
(04-13-2016 11:31 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]GOONIES!!! Greatest treasure movie of all time.

Never saw Goonies. I might have caught bits & pieces on tv over the years, but that's it. Never saw Star Wars, either. Not a big sci-fi guy. I know people who can recite every episode of the original Star Trek, but it doesn't float my boat.

Now that it's been raved over, I'll check it out Yes

Joe
Yep, if we didn't have "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", we would never have seen "The Walter Huston dance"!    I've been practicing just in case I ever find a gold coin!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's