Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First state copper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, got out today at the cornfield again where I just found my 1740 KG II. Went closer to the house this time and nailed a NJ copper at 9" or so. I got out today using different settings and trying new things. I was going slow and looking for those deep signals. And it worked!

I got the wheatie at first right next to where I park and then the button on my way next to the house. Found a patch of a bunch of hits so I kept going through it, waiting for the right signal and I finally got it. Out popped my only state copper and oldest american coin. 1788. They were only minted from 1786-1788 and I can make out the last number which is a 8 and the 1 and 7. So bingo! 1788 nj copper. My now most favorite coin! Although the reverse is toast I can make out where stuff is by looking at a picture and using light.

Hope you all enjoy and happy hunting!

P.s idk what the big iron arrow is. Was it used for farming or was it actually something to point at something? Maybe a weather vane thingy? I'm not sure!
Also not sure about the cooper bell looking thing. No idea.

Hh

Zach
Sir buttons that is a outstanding find man and in your own state. GREAT JOB
Very nice Zach! Looks as though you like the 1700's. Congratulations.
Thanks guys! I am lucky to have a state copper to begin with and am very greatful its from NJ!
Shade, I love all history. But the older/rarer the better in my opinion! But i love all coins. 1960s and prior. Even though ive never found a silver washington, nickle or dime. Ive actually never found a nickle that was old besides my half dime. But i do mostly hunt older spots so its what ill get. I can't wait to get my first 1600s coin. I hope it'll happen eventually! Thanks again.
You are on FIRE! Congrats on another killer keeper, z Yes That arrow was probably pointing to where all the gold doubloons were buried, but you moved it, and now you'll never know! Chuckle

I need to get my butt moving for another road trip! Job well done, sir Wink

Joe
Keep it up and Joe will have to make a banner just for you , because that find deserves it's spot up top too !
   I hope that 1600s coin shows up for you .
GL & HH 
Pat
Zach, congratulations on the NJ Copper! Very cool indeed.

I posted one of those iron arrows as called it in the What is it, not too long ago.
I was told that my find could have been part of an old iron Victorian fence but I didn't do any further research.
Nice digs

looks like a promising site for sure Yes

BeerBeer
That's awesome man! Very happy for you. Goes to show that if you do your research and put your time in, good this happen. Congrats!
Did you ever figure out what the arrow is, Z?

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's