Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Newspaper Guy, Dallas Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted a story about that fella, Dallas Johnson, the other day. He was the guy who fought City Hall and got them to reverse his town's ban on metal detecting. I was so impressed by his efforts, I actually reached out to him, and invited him to come aboard as a member. He took the time to get back to me, and said he'd love to.

I believe the actions he took are quite noble, and not many would have the gumption to do the same. Yet, he stood up and fought for his right to detect in his town, and in so doing, not only won, but claimed a victory for the whole of the hobby, IMO.

Sometimes we (including myself) take our ability to detect openly in our locales for granted. "If it ain't banned here, it isn't my problem", seems to be the stance of many. Well, one day it just MIGHT be where you or I live, and I sincerely hope we will all have the bravery to fight, just as Dallas did.

Joe
That was a great idea Joe. Glad you pushed it and glad too that Mr. Johnson accepted. I have watched lately as you have floated ideas, started threads , posted interesting pics and topics, began a new contest, and defended the forum. It is obvious how much you care for the hobby and the TC site, and how much of yourself you have invested into it. We can't thank you enough.
Mr. Shade said it all! Well said. Very nice of you to reach out to him and pretty cool he responded and awesome he's gonna join! Can't wait! Love new members!
(04-15-2016 03:56 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]That was a great idea Joe. Glad you pushed it and glad too that Mr. Johnson accepted. I have watched lately as you have floated ideas, started threads , posted interesting pics and topics, began a new contest, and defended the forum. It is obvious how much you care for the hobby and the TC site, and how much of yourself you have invested into it. We can't thank you enough.

Thank you, Shade. I hope Mr. Johnson takes me up on my offer, as we can always use another good guy like him in the fold.

Joe
Reference URL's