Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver in the corn field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  
    HAPPY HUNTING And thanks for looking[attachment=8279][attachment=8280][attachment=8281][attachment=8282]

Oh yeah lost track of the ox shoes. They just keep coming
Congrats on the silver man! Someone ided something similar to your lead pieces. They said bale seals. Check that out
I love Mercs!! Those are seals of some sort but I know not what! Nice variety of finds! Yes For me in the grass lately it's pulltabs, foil, rectangular pulltabs, can slaw, bottle tops, foil bottle seals etc..... So you're doing pretty good man!! Raining here again today too. Just as I get off work!!! DAMN! No

I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF
Nice find, merc is always a keeper. Congrats Scott.

Somebody might to reel Ed back end. He's been doing some intense thinking. Lol
(05-04-2016 03:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF

It's okay Ed, I've thought the same thing before. But with the pieces of pottery and old glass I find! YesBeer
(05-04-2016 02:57 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  
    HAPPY HUNTING And thanks for looking

Congrats on the silver! Lead is definitely Russian bag\bale seals,check out the peacehavens project about them,gedd over there has over 5000 of them! He also has a YouTube channel called peacehavens, go sub to him and tell him thevipermc139 sent you in the comments of a new vid! He's a really great guy and does awesome vids in the Yorkshire dales,England!
Looks like a great hunt , I am watching it pour down rain and being a little jealous.
HH
Pat

(05-04-2016 03:11 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I love Mercs!! Those are seals of some sort but I know not what! Nice variety of finds! Yes For me in the grass lately it's pulltabs, foil, rectangular pulltabs, can slaw, bottle tops, foil bottle seals etc..... So you're doing pretty good man!! Raining here again today too. Just as I get off work!!! DAMN!  No

I get to thinking while I'm swinging and listening for tones, that if I was artistically inclined I could take all my bits and pieces of various colored can slaw and put them all together to make a mosaic of Elvis or Jesus or somebody, something, hey, the Brooklyn Bridge, on a nice velvet background. Maybe I could sell them on ebay?

Ed/ODF
   Raining here too Sad  At first I thought you were saying you were going to arrange the can slaw excetera and make detector music ; it had me thinking you need to make a couple of good finds to get some high tones in there ( the best detector music) , but the mosaic is a better idea.......
(05-04-2016 04:35 PM)Thevipermc Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2016 02:57 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Hi gang at it again!! Misting out and very muddy but oh well that's detecting.  Went out shortly before 8am today after dropping off the girlfriend.  Get to the field fire up the T2 get to the top of the small hill and bam 82_86 very first signal. Knew it was slver right away but what dig a muddy plug about 7 inches and see shiney 1917mercury. Detected for around 4 hours and landed 4wheats ,4buttons, 4 bullets. And a few unknowns.  
    HAPPY HUNTING And thanks for looking

Congrats on the silver! Lead is definitely Russian bag\bale seals,check out the peacehavens project about them,gedd over there has over 5000 of them! He also has a YouTube channel called peacehavens, go sub to him and tell him thevipermc139 sent you in the comments of a new vid! He's a really great guy and does awesome vids in the Yorkshire dales,England!

Thanks Viper! That's great info.

Ed
Great score on the merc and bale seals!

Scottie's on fire!!! Sorry man, had to do it
Reference URL's