Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 5 Wheats and BIG SILVER!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went back to the area I hunted yesterday. Very late start as my woman has torn a tendon in her right arm from trying to bull pull the garage door open and needed to go to emergency. After getting her home and settled with some Olive Garden she kicked me out at 4:30 p.m. because I was being meltingly nice and nurse like. She means the world to me and I don't like seeing her in pain. But, my reward was her peace and quiet while I was out. She always wishes me good luck!

Tore that area to shreds, forgive the pun, and found nothing! So I went across the street where I've hunted before and decided to give it one last try. All I'd ever found there was cans and bottle tops and wine bottle caps. Something was different today. As soon as I got to the area, I get a wheat cent. 20 minutes later, another wheat and so on until now I have five of them. Then a clad quarter and zincoln, inches apart. I'm going pretty slow too and not covering much ground but it's been over a year since I've been there and I just know my machine so much better now. The wheats ranged from 1910 to 1953. 3 in the 40's.

I come across a signal that reads a SOLID 27 digital. No 00-27, just 27. But the tone isn't that terribly high. Pinpoints right on target. Carrot on high gives me center. Dig a plug in the rooty peat and off the bottom of the plug falls a 1917, s on the back, Walking Liberty Half dollar. I thought, wow, didn't sound like silver at all. But I have my gain set at 6 so maybe that's why.

Anyway, the old woman loves me again because I brought home some old silver. You should see her eyes light up when she sees stuff like this. It's priceless!

And again, my dad was born in 1917, so luck rules the day!! Thanks Pop!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed
Sweet half Ed. I hope the wife is feeling better.
You know Ed your coin is actually a fantastic find. Bit just having a supportive wife tops off this post. Your a great man Ed and hope your hunny heals fast
Ed my man! I hope the wife recovers swiftly.
Very sweet hunt, yet again! You and Chris have been on fire!!! Keep up the great work.
Best of luck
Zach
Nice saves Ed.

Gotta love finding big silver Yes
(05-07-2016 10:03 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Went back to the area I hunted yesterday. Very late start as my woman has torn a tendon in her right arm from trying to bull pull the garage door open and needed to go to emergency. After getting her home and settled with some Olive Garden she kicked me out at 4:30 p.m. because I was being meltingly nice and nurse like. She means the world to me and I don't like seeing her in pain. But, my reward was her peace and quiet while I was out. She always wishes me good luck!

Tore that area to shreds, forgive the pun, and found nothing! So I went across the street where I've hunted before and decided to give it one last try. All I'd ever found there was cans and bottle tops and wine bottle caps. Something was different today. As soon as I got to the area, I get a wheat cent. 20 minutes later, another wheat and so on until now I have five of them. Then a clad quarter and zincoln, inches apart. I'm going pretty slow too and not covering much ground but it's been over a year since I've been there and I just know my machine so much better now. The wheats ranged from 1910 to 1953. 3 in the 40's.

I come across a signal that reads a SOLID 27 digital. No 00-27, just 27. But the tone isn't that terribly high. Pinpoints right on target. Carrot on high gives me center. Dig a plug in the rooty peat and off the bottom of the plug falls a 1917, s on the back, Walking Liberty Half dollar. I thought, wow, didn't sound like silver at all. But I have my gain set at 6 so maybe that's why.

Anyway, the old woman loves me again because I brought home some old silver. You should see her eyes light up when she sees stuff like this. It's priceless!

And again, my dad was born in 1917, so luck rules the day!! Thanks Pop!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed
Nice half! Everyone's on fire at the moment,keep em' coming!
Sorry to hear about the wife's injury , she will be in my prayers. 
  What a tremendous find on that walker , you have really been killing it lately. Congrats on all the awesome finds.
Pat
Congrats on the big silver ODF. Having a wife that is all good with your hobby is a wonderful thing. Mine is just as supportive. Tell her to get well soon.
Thank you everyone! I read all this stuff to her, (Debra, btw, and yeah she's my old woman!), and she and I appreciate all! Yes

Ed
Keeping you wife in my thoughts and hoping for a speedy recovery. It's a terrible feeling when anything negative happens to our better half. You're a good husband and a great guy Ed. You deserve that amazing walker! That is my favorite coin ever minted. Congratulations! !
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's