Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1 Wheat, Luxor compact, C1932.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the Walker 17s Half area and hammered it as best I could. Found a 1926 wheat not shown. Moved to a new area in that area and found a boatload of the usual bullets, buckyballs, shell casings, beer cans and what was left of an old wind up alarm clock. You tell me what a wind up alarm clock is doing in no man's land!

Being Mother's Day, the rest of the park was PACKED with people grilling and sunning and running/walking, playing baseball, frisbee, etc......

Decided to move to another area. Found this Luxor Ladies Compact which turns out to be around Circa 1932. Should be, because it was 10" down. Also caught a real clean 54D wheat and about $1.33 in modern change.

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Nice save Ed Yes

BeerBeer
Sweet find !!! Well done sir
Cool compact Ed.
Back at it again Ed! Sweet compact caseYesYes
Keep at it man! That gold ring is coming!!!Cool
Nice find. Never found a compact. I would have thought they would have made out of silver. Or at least some high end ones....
That is a neat find, congratulations
(05-09-2016 07:43 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice find. Never found a compact. I would have thought they would have made out of silver. Or at least some high end ones....

Actually they do make them of sterling. I saw some images on Google and many are fantastic!! There's a whole group of people that collect these things. I guess it would be similar to the match safes found by a few members. And they were simply gorgeous too! Maybe next time! I'd love to find one of those.

Ed
Hard work and persistence pay off. Very nice save Ed
Reference URL's