Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Question about my 2nd pair of GG headphones. Replaced speaker? Helppp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, I got a 2nd pair of gray ghost headphones for myself. I bought the first pair from a great member on TC for Cassandras detector. Awesome headphones! So I got a pair for myself.
I bought the 2nd pair from a ebayer who specifically sells metal detecting related stuff. 100% and 1800+ stars.
I used them out in the field today and they were different, I noticed right away. I thought maybe it was me? And then I swaped em with cassandra and hers worked fine. She even noticed and said they aren't the same, at all. They aren't muffled, at all like hers and the tones aren't clear. I took a look at the speakers and they are different. Different color, different holes, even in a different spot.

I'm assuming and guessing this is because they were replaced? I'd imagine all original originals would have the same speakers...

I messaged the guy a little bit ago. I'll update when I know.

Any knowledge would be appreciated

Thanks..
Zach

P.s first day I ever got skunked. Although cassandra did get two buttons and a little bullet..owell! Shit happens right?

He responded and said he did not looks at the speakers but they worked when he tested them.
If I didn't have my first pair, I wouldn't of even known the difference. And thought that's how they worked..

On a good note, I am able to return them for a full refund plus the shipping back.
Happy

I think I'll try and get back out in the field by myself later with Cassandras set of GGs. If you see a show and tell from me then I got out Tongue

Gl and hh
Ebay is a real iffy proposition sometimes but I'm glad the guy has a good rep and is covering you. Even Amazon is questionable at times on some stuff. When you get this kind of equipment stick with a reputable dealer. You might pay a tad more but not having the frustration and aggravation is worth it in spades. As an example, I bought the cheaper Sanyo version of the Eneloop rechargeable NiCd AA batteries and they are already not holding the charge like the Panasonic version that are made in Japan, which I bought 3 months prior. Instead of opting for the BRAND, I opted for the CHEAP. Mostly because I am cheap! But I just replaced all those with the Japanese Panasonics. Those Sanyo's will be great in Debs little solar lights outside, but running a machine like I do, I can't compromise. Can't lose the time.

Good luck with your next set of GG's!

Ed
Strange, you have to be careful for any purchase unseen. I have gotten a lot of good deals off ebay. Also got some junk too. Heck, I'm surprised you did not use the approved vender for this site. Shame on you! WTH.

But I understand what Ed is saying, some many knockoff out there and they ain't as good as the originals most the times. There a few things that are copy cats and are equal.
Thanks Ed!
UP! Lol, I've checked backwoods before and I've not seen any used gear before.
It's a shame they have knockoffs... Or even that people are dishonest in this hobby. No
(05-12-2016 09:00 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ed!
UP! Lol, I've checked backwoods before and I've not seen any used gear before.
It's a shame they have knockoffs... Or even that people are dishonest in this hobby. No

Hmm, got them new. Plus Joe recommended them for their honesty. They might have even given you a TC discount. Happy

[attachment=8336]
Hi Zach.  I wonder if the GGs came with different speakers maybe based on when they were made.  I just remembered the ones I sold you for Cassandra also had the speakers slide around a little and get out of position right after I bought them.  I forgot about it happening.  I called them and they said to just glue them in place with hot glue or something like that.  They told me how to open them.  It turns out they were held in place from the factory with just a piece of foam.  I just placed another piece of foam behind the factory piece and they worked perfect without any glue.  For anyone else here wanting to know, just take the earpieces off the band, pop out the rubber grommet, insert a thin screwdriver through the earphones (be careful not to hit the speaker) and when you push with a little pressure on the opposite inside of the case they will snap apart.  Then they can be serviced and will snap right back together again.  Very simple actually.  They didn't sound any different as far as I could tell other than the speakers lined up properly with my ears.
Richard at Backwood's is one of the most honest dealers you will find. He's been around for a long time. He doesn't can't make a living selling detectors, he is in it as a true hobbyist.

As for the GG sounding different, yes they have different speakers in them.
Others have brought up the sound difference as well.

Detectorpro from what I read, Gary changed vendors of the speakers they use.

And if I remember correctly, all the headphones are now made in China as are the detectors.
All is well.. Richard
Richard at Backwoods is a reputable guy.  Very honest and easy.
(05-24-2016 09:31 AM)Richard Robinson Wrote: [ -> ]Gentlemen, Let's clear something up !! I DO NOT sell any knock-offs of anything !!! All of my headphones comes from Outdoor Outfitters with the exception of Killer B's that I get from John. I pride myself on honestly and will strongly refute any question of my personal integrity. Richard Backwoods Detectors

Hello Richard,
I do not think anybody was questioning your reputation of being honest. We all knew your integrity when you became a vendor for treasure classified.
Concerning Zach 2nd headphones compared to his first pair. Sounds like the manufacturer might have changed speakers design on their newer models of the Gray ghost headphones.

I hope to do business with you in the future. Do you sell used equipment?
Can you get items that you may not have listed?
Please advise and thank you in advance.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's