Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: All this rain...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who here is getting hit by this torrential downpour? I honestly think this is the most rain I've ever seen here in south jersey... That I can recall at least. Cars stuck everywhere... Almost got stuck in Cassandras SUV with 4 wheel drive from flooding the engine it was so high in some parts. If storms didn't cause damage I'd think they would be pretty cool. I like all the rain...idk why. Just fascinated by it lol. But alright, gonna go put my bathing suit on now and floaties and I'll be back later. Tongue
(07-01-2016 05:56 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Who here is getting hit by this torrential downpour? I honestly think this is the most rain I've ever seen here in south jersey... That I can recall at least. Cars stuck everywhere... Almost got stuck in Cassandras SUV with 4 wheel drive from flooding the engine it was so high in some parts. If storms didn't cause damage I'd think they would be pretty cool. I like all the rain...idk why. Just fascinated by it lol. But alright, gonna go put my bathing suit on now and floaties and I'll be back later. Tongue

Yes, Z, lots of rain here, but we needed it. We even have a tornado warning in effect until 10pm this evening. The same thing happened to me, last year...

I was on my lunch break at work, and severe storms came through. The company I work for is located in a low-lying area, and when I was heading back to the office, every street seemed to be under water. So, I attempted to SLOWLY drive through a giant pool of water, and it was a bit deeper than expected. I was PRAYING that it wouldn't reach past the bumper, since that's engine territory, when I suddenly noticed smoke billowing out from under my hood. I made it through however, and pulled into a parking lot to assess the damage. Thankfully...

The engine stopped smoking after a while, and I had no issues with my ride.

Scary though!

Joe
Well if you don't know I live the next town over from Joe, and we got hammer today with rain too. Was going up north NJ to see my daughter for her birthday, when I stopped for a red light and the guy behind me didn't .plowed into the back of my truck . Going to be without wheels for a while . Cann't get to the body shop till next week because of the 4th. So I guess I will be sitting home reading the fourm.
Bad news all around Bob. Sorry about the truck. Are you within walking distance of a school or park--maybe you can still get in a hunt over the 4th.  If your ground was as hard as ours is, the rains will help soften it up a bit.
Damn Joe, I wasn't aware of that. I did get a alert to my phone though. Hopefully it doesn't get to bad.
Sorry to hear bob...that's a shame Sad I hope everything works out!!!
The rain seems to focus on just a couple of areas this year , we are flirting with slipping into a drought in my area , and we see flooding rains go south and north of us all the time. I hope you don't get any damage from the downpour.
   Bob sorry to hear about the truck , at least there were no injuries ( I hope )
  Everyone have a safe and happy Fourth of July!
Pat
Sorry to hear about your truck Bob, hopefully you are ok.
No rain here where I live, crazy we only got a sprinkle no downpour. I heard that the storms were in south Jersy
No rain here either. Ground is hard as a rock. Going nuts at work fixing the irrigation so we have fields by the end of July. That's another reason I'm out in the woods. Softer ground under the leaves!

Ed
All are ok. Truck will be in shop next week.
Glad to hear that Bob.
Reference URL's