Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Home made pasta anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got a pasta maker recently and I love it! It's not as time consuming as I originally thought. I can make home made spaghetti with home made meatballs and have it ready to be served in about 45 minutes. And to be honest, I think it tastes better than bagged frozen meatballs or boxed pasta! I don't exactly make my own sauce though. I'll take a brand name jar of sauce and usually put some extra stuff in it to add more flavor and that's about it.
Other than the spaghetti and meatballs I've only been able to make chicken fettuccine Alfredo which was all home made and tasted great as well. I usually never follow any instructions or recipes, I like to create it different every time and see what tastes the best.
Sadly no finished food pictures of the home made stuff because I get to excited and eat before I can take pictures!
Happy early 4th and enjoy all the food!
Looks fantastic Zach. I have never used a pasta maker but I have always heard fresh is better. When we do spaghetti I like to use Italian sausage for the meat balls.  Would like to try the pasta maker, but I have so many gizmos in the kitchen and don't have space for another one. Maybe if we did pasta more often.  I have been busy making pickles today. Trying to send a pic now, but my computer is angry with me and won't let me do much.
Thanks tom and yes fresh is definitely better! I'll have to try the Italian sausage for the meatballs. Sounds good! Hope to see a pic of the pickles!!! Start a new thread if you can't post it here! Maybe also try and crop the picture to make it smaller. I've had trouble posting original sized pictures in the past. Hope to see it soon!
Cool beans, yes fresh is better and in 45 minutes is not bad at all
Looks good from where I'm sitting Happy

Joe
Good Lord! Don't get me started. I'd but up late at night making pasta for Scampi Damion with fresh roasted garlic, clarified butter and butterfly shrimp. My God I'd eat it day and night! And my beer consignment prevents so many carbs at once. Crying I've learned that you can't have everything! Carry on!

Ed
Looking good Zach, add a good bottle of wine and I'll be there !!!!!
Reference URL's