Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lake Michigan Nite Hunt With Whites SurfMaster II/Thought I had Gold But No Cigar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arrived at beachfront Saturday night 10pm/dark after a 90+ degree day here and hunted the lake until 1:00am when a storm blew in causing waves to kick up and down pouring rain with lightning!

It's dark out there at nite so when I dug the ring all I saw was silver color and some sparkle that had the old heart pumping till I made it back to the truck/in the light and realized it's just a junker No

Not much tonight but had fun out there in the water for a bit = was a nice cool down after a hot day inland Big Grin

[Image: IMG_3170_zpsmgo0d8im.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3171_zpsajwiyefl.jpg]

Live shot earlier in the day from the beach cam shows a typical day at the beach out there and why I like to try my luck Yes

[Image: beach_zpsnjwec2ml.jpg]
It looks like that was a fun hunt. I can see why the ring got the heart to pumping , it may be a let down to dig a junker , but I still think it's fun.
Pat
Sorry that ring didn't live up to your expectations MRH.  Easy to misread in the dark I'm sure. But I can sure see why you want to hunt that beach. With all those people there has to be some jewelry left behind. And they aren't poor people either; there are some high dollar boats out there! Bound to be some good stuff in the water. Do you dive or wade when you water search? And is this the same beach that you've posted finds from before? Makes me wish I were somewhere other than way inland.
Oh that sucks to dig in the dark and get fooled by shiney.. All that matters is your having a good time digging dirt..
My young heart would of probably exploded if I saw that too! I bet it was nice to hunt that late. I have once and I loved it! I thought O.C New jerseys beach was crowded... Ahhh I guess not haha.
Best of luck out there and keep coolYesYes
Nice hunting, and maybe next time for the real good stuff. But just being able to hunt and the anticipation of something nice is most valuable. Those junkers are lots of fun, the rush is real, and so is the reality. I once found a FAKE Gold nugget ring. That should be illegal to make. lol.

Here it is below. Keep in mind, when I dug it up it was cover with dirt. So I really did not know what I had until I pushed out the dirt, and seen some gold coloring with nugget design. I was like " Oh My Goodness! I got to put this in my pouch quickly, wonder if anyone seen me. They are probably going to say it theirs and I got to get out of here!"

I still laugh about it today, and the rush was so real. It truly was a fun moment regardless. So much better than the normal trash.

[attachment=8627]

P.S I would return anything to the rightful owner, just need proof.

Thanks for sharing and Good Luck!
Cool beach hunt, congratulations. I hope you weren't on the beach when the lighting was doing it's thing. I don't want to leave either when that happens but they are right.
MRH sorry if I hijacked your post. It was not my intention, just sharing the Junk ring Up & Down. Maybe next time you will think it is junker and Wham you find out its not. Happy
Man I know the feeling MRH. Nice to see that at least you could stay cool in the water. I'm so cooked by the weather here during working hours that my strength is wiped to even go snorkeling in the river. Lightening or not, at least you are getting rain up there on the Eastern shore. We are becoming a desert here. Dry as an Arizona gulch! No

Ed
Gorgeous beach with lots of "depositors"! Theres gonna be some nice stuff in there for you!
Reference URL's