Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #39..... a 46 Rosie, & a long time a coming!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been awhile since I posted a silver but here it is in all it's glory.

As I have reported I've been finding shotgun headstamps, shell casings and bullets by the boatload. All common and mostly from the 1910's through the 40's. Also found a ton of foil plates, melted foil, rusted cans, four more campfire areas and yet another pocket knife and a what once was a plated spoon with no plating left. Knife and spoon not shown. These are all areas I've hunted to death folks! Because I've lost the IM function on the bad control panel (Bad Panel, you Bad Panel!) I have had to endure pretty much wide open, which I've learned tells me to turn the sense down and move slow. So no loss until I get the new control panel and install it. But I still cover a lot of ground.

In any event I'm posting some of the wheats I've found over the past month when I could get out and the finds that I just had today when I had some time and the weather wasn't too bad. So everything on the left was from the past month or so and those five on the right, all within a 20 foot radius were from today. And I was over this area 2 months ago, so that should tell you something about how to detect.

Honestly, Iced towel or not, the heat has got me down. And a lot of family and work matters have been too important for me to spend energy tromping around the woods.

In other news I am compiling a crapload of videos that I have taken over the last 4 months, less the ones you have seen, and I am presenting them in the next week or so to give you guys an idea of what kind of areas I cover. Although you've seen some, you'll see many. I don't show finds in those because they were memory reference areas. So it may be boring, but to a detectorist, you'll wet your pants. Chuckle

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/ODF
Nice snah on the silver Ed! Cant wait to see the vid of the last 4 months! I wish that Zach was me! Sweet half Yes
Congratulations on the Rosie and the Franklin. From what you have described, you throughly cover the ground and do it again and there's possibly of finding something else.
I look forward to you videos, and good luck hunting. Stay in the shade when possible. Happy Hunting.
I hear you on the heat SE Mi isn't any cooler than your little slice of Ohio.
   Great finds , that Rosie made you work for it , sometimes that just makes you appreciate it more.
  Great find on the half Zach! I'm lucky to even get change at the gas station , let alone anything with Ben Franklin on it....
HH
Pat
I am looking forward to the videos Ed. I expect to get some good tips on woods hunting from them. The others you have posted were interesting and nicely done. Seems to be the trend lately to find silver in change. The Franklin half was a real score!  I check my change with every transaction but the best I've done lately is to get a few wheats.
I read your threads and learn something every time. Sweet hunting and congrats on #39 Ed..
It's FUNNY, we can work our butt off for a silver dime...spend all day digging holes, then get a superb silver find in our change. Go figure!
Reference URL's