Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cleaning some of our iron!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have not been detecting much so been spending a little time cleaning what we have already found.

Hi Ron: I'm a little late checking in today and after checking your video, I'm sure glad I made it to the forum. That's one of the most interesting vids I've seen. Good explanation and good information. That's a neat collection of tools, and they seem to be in good shape like your coin finds. Impressive how well they clean up. I think the electrolysis bath might be one of my next projects for the plow points etc  I find here.
Thanks man!
Glad someone may find it useful!! Thanks for the comments!
I have a small set up for cleaning finds. Same system I just use smaller scale (maybe a quart) I use a 12 volt dc power adapter that's 1amp(1000ma) works great. The solutions I have used are just salt water and I have also used baking soda both work but if you use salt just rinse and wash well. To preserve the item I just oil them or wd 40 them. I have cleaned some wheat pennies that were so roached couldn't even tell what they were and was able to get date off most of them. Thanks for sharing.
You really do turn that stuff around so it looks pretty damn good Ron. It's pretty cool the way that works. Except for work I really don't have anywhere to set something like that up otherwise I'd try it on a couple items I've found. And if I bring anymore detecting stuff (other than silver and gold) into the apartment my old lady will kill me!! LOL!

Ed
So thats how to clean up old Iron it does come out pretty nice all thought most of the iron I Find is car parts and i have a bucket for them Happy Very nice video and helpful if I start relic hunting. Thanks.
Reference URL's