Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My Dad Superman!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got started in MD early this year after a stroke really hindered my left arm and leg, first real adventure was a local small beach I could barely get up but Pops was by my side even if I almost pulled him down with me. Later on I think he just came along to make sure I would make it back and then he decided to give MD a try He has always been a coin buff but now he was finding his own. I recovered about 90 percent of use of my arm and leg so I'm doing better all though I'm highly addicted to MD I hit 48 today and Pops was there stealing my good spots Happy Love you Dad and Mom.

Not the best finds for the day but a very very RICH day.
I just sat and bitched about how I lost $$$ on a broken detector for my sisters. When in reality, isn't the worst that could happen. It just sucks and I will and they will move on.
And now we have you, Mr cladjunky!
You were way worse off than I am now. And you pushed through it. And are 90% better! Great for you. Great for you and your father, I hope you two do great. Best of luck and wishes.
Also,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA OL' MAN!
Kidding. That's Ed.
Also kidding.

Love you all and happy hunting
Zach
Nice pic and real nice story Cladjunky. You are so fortunate to still have Pops around. Best of luck to both of you and a real big Happy Birthday to you, and thanks too for joining our forum and sharing your adventures.
Congratulations is in order John for you to make it through such an event and come out with what appears to me a normal lifestyle and one you can spend with your Dad! My Dad is long gone now and I think if I had taken up this hobby way back when and gotten him interested he may have been around longer. He was a radio pioneer back in the day long ago and loved electronics. And he was a coin collector of sorts long before I really got totally interested. I still have a few of those blue albums locked away somewhere that we used to maintain when I was a kid. I'm very glad your Dad enjoys the hobby and that you can spend some real quality time like that with him. That'll be one hellofa memory someday. Take my word for it!

Ed

And I'd really like to meet the gentleman! At work they respectfully call me, "The Old Man", and I'd love to meet another!

Nice pic! Frostville Museum area. Ha!
Thanks all for the Happy B-days and I'm sure Ed you will meet him on a park hunt he doesn't do 8 hours but he is good for 1 maybe 2 if the coins are coming up. He wishes we took this hobby up sooner at 79 with a crushed ankle and hip replacement he doesn't do rough terrain! I think its time to get him a Medium to small DD coil for the F2 he likes to swing perhaps a cors shrew or 5 inch cors point.

p.s. He reads these forums but he isn't registered.
Sorry to hear Ed, I'm sure your father would of enjoyed it as well! But I'm also very sure he's proud of what you have accomplished within your detecting career which is only 5 years but let's give it another 20.
I also have the blue little booklets of Wheaties and the old nickles. Most of them fell out and are in the plastic container. I once had a lot of silver dollars(Morgan/barber) 1000+ wheat Penny's plus more from my dads father and also my moms grandfather, my great grandfather. But were stolen when I was around 12.
I'm going to put together them soon hopefully when I come around to it, because I know I have some key dates.

As for you Mr.clad! I'm sure anytime is great time even if it's a hour or two. I'm glad you two can do that together.
I usually have my girlfriend Cassandra aka diggerqueen17 detect for less than that. But she still enjoys it. But not for 8-12 hours!

And for Mr.clads father, keep it up, you're doing great. And I wish you the best in the amazing hobby!
I hope to see you registered and posting one day.
Take care, best of luck and happy hunting
(09-12-2016 09:24 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear Ed, I'm sure your father would of enjoyed it as well! But I'm also very sure he's proud of what you have accomplished within your detecting career which is only 5 years but let's give it another 20.
I also have the blue little booklets of Wheaties and the old nickles. Most of them fell out and are in the plastic container. I once had a lot of silver dollars(Morgan/barber) 1000+ wheat Penny's plus more from my dads father and also my moms grandfather, my great grandfather. But were stolen when I was around 12.
I'm going to put together them soon hopefully when I come around to it, because I know I have some key dates.

As for you Mr.clad! I'm sure anytime is great time even if it's a hour or two. I'm glad you two can do that together.
I usually have my girlfriend Cassandra aka diggerqueen17 detect for less than that. But she still enjoys it. But not for 8-12 hours!

And for Mr.clads father, keep it up, you're doing great. And I wish you the best in the amazing hobby!
I hope to see you registered and posting one day.
Take care, best of luck and happy hunting

As a little note to John, Zach, Cassandra and all you guys and gals out there, keep moving, keep detecting. You only have so much time with so many places out there to detect. There are so many areas which have never been hunted. And not permissions and empty lots, with all do respect to you guys and gals. But places where no one thought to detect, where no one took the time to go look. None of my finds of note were found where you would expect to find them. You have to sort of think like a person from the past. A worker, a transient, a hobo, a hunter/fisherman and camper/picnicker. The woods were inundated by people just like you and me, thousands of them, but there in that spot for a lot of reasoning beyond what we "think" today. This is not an easy way of detecting. Days go by where only clues turn up. There's foil, campfire rings, shotgun headstamps, old bottles, bullets, wheats and maybe an IHP. Then days come where the answers are found. Barbers, Mercs, LC's and who knows what. Go where you think no one has gone before. Investigate. Survey the area fast and furious and determined to find something, anything. Look around at the world that is here and now, put the pieces together and compare it to the world that was. Then hunt it, and hunt it again, again and again. Never, "ever", give up on a site that shows clues. NEVER!

Happy trails to all of you that follow this advice because this is "true detecting" and what I hoped for when I started this hobby. I've truly had my down days, believe me. But this philosophy works. And honestly, I sometimes don't believe it myself.

And look for the biggest trees! That's a major clue to the past.

Ed
Reference URL's