Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last night's hunt 9/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sweet finds and awesome ring!
Some people are like that...my first month of serious detecting, a guy came up and started detecting in a random field I was. I didn't mind, was actually happy to have someone else around and I wanted to talk. As I would get closer and he kept going the other way. Every time I tried to walk up and talk he took off. Sadly some people are like that in the hobby Sad
Keep up the awesome finds!
Congratulations on the nice finds. Yeah, i have crossed a few detectorist with attitudes. I'm glad to know that on the first impression. We wouldn't get alone and it's best we keep our distance. Hope you continue finding the sweeties. GL HH.
Thanks for all the reply's. We left home during Mathew so after returning I wanted to go hunting on Sunday(10/11/16) but I was to tried. After recovering, on Tuesday afternoon I when out for 3 or 4 hrs. It really surprised me at the stuff on the beach. You could tell most of it had been there for a little bit. It had been washed in by Mathew. I'll post a picture. I used the Seahunter mark II, It's a great machine on the beach, most all the targets as about 15 to 20" down in the wet sand. ( Back Breaker)Muscle
Nice amount of targets. Hope you find something awesome soon. GL HH!
Thanks Updown, I've found some nice jewelry and a lot of coins, I just recently stumble on to this site and glad I did, really nice people seems like on here. Have a Great Day, it's time for me to get started.
Lots of interesting material from your latest beach hunt. For someone used to digging 5-6 inches in hard clay, it is hard to imagine hitting targets 15" inches deep. Sure wish I could get to a beach and give it a try. Hard to tell from photo --were the rings noteworthy. Wise decision to move away from Matthew.
Thanks shadeseeker ,  Both rings where junk, the bigger one was nice (I cleaned it up, it looks good) It looked like it maybe silver but wasn't, didn't find any marking anyway. Last Jan. or Feb. I was hunting the wet sand and got a really light signal, it was a slow day so I decided to dig and plus the life guards had not come duty.(I hate digging a monster hole when they're setting there watching) I dug and dug, at least 24" , here come a small ring. I wondered how any times detectors had been over it. The Seahunter mark II is a great machine in wet sand. Wet sand is hard digging when ever time you hit a target it's down at least 4 , 5 or 6  shovels. I use to hunt clay, it seamed I was on my knee's a lot. I always think of hunting back home ( in the clay) when I see The member's username that is Updownup, That's the way it was, My knee killed me after a few hours hunt.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's