Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anti glare control box cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One thing I can't understand is why doesn't someone come out with an anti glare control box cover. I have an anti glare screen on the display screen that works great but I would like to cover the whole control box to keep the dirt out.. Seems to me that it would be a simple thing to make a cover with the anti glare plastic. It doesn't have to cover the buttons, just the display screen. All the covers I've seen have the shiny plastic that causes so much glare that they are practically useless. I have one and don't use it. The cover might not be as flexible as the current covers because the screen would need to be thicker but to me that's not a big deal. Any ideas?
Gerry
No ideas but I have the same gripe. I have two different ones for the SE Pro and I HATE using them! Same goes for these bloody modern phones. Unless you're in a closet, the glare keeps you from reading the screen unless you have the screen brightness at full which absolutely kills the battery. Just because engineers have college degrees doesn't mean they have any brains!

Ed
Hi Ed
I have at least 2 of those useless screens and maybe I can figure a way to mount an anti glare screen to the cover. Maybe if it works, I can sell them and make so much money I can retire! Oh, wait a minute. I AM retired!
Gerry
Think you could use a non glare plastic sheet. You won't have the distortion from winkles, and its anti glare. You will have to keep it from scratching your original screen, so added a cushion all the way around screen on inside. This should be easy enough using a sewing awl to install plastic in cover, and creating the cushion. Modify a cover or build from scratch. Die grinder will probably cut the plastic to size. Seen several types of suitable plastics at home depot, hardware stores etc. Great retired, sounds like you might have so extra time on your hands. Good luck.
Wow, everyone would love an anti glare screen for their metal detector......now who do we call to invent one for us?
No glare. Covers all. 25 cents. Last up to a year. Can be seen in my vids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQOO6RKhDYU
Thanks for this one Kenny! Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones. Wish I had seen it a year ago. Didn't take long to get little scratches on my screen, even though I thought I was being careful.
(11-02-2016 02:43 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this one Kenny! Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones. Wish I had seen it a year ago. Didn't take long to get little scratches on my screen, even though I thought I was being careful.

All it takes is one thumb wipe and your screen is scratched.  The clear areas of screens should be easily replaced glass.
Khouse, terrifi vidieo, thanks for sharing.

So the hair dryer doesn't work? I don't own a heat gun.

I am thinking of just getting iphone screen protectors and do a peel and stick - I just want anti glare as my machines are old and a little scratched already
(11-03-2016 09:52 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Khouse, terrifi vidieo, thanks for sharing.

So the hair dryer doesn't work? I don't own a heat gun.

I am thinking of just getting iphone screen protectors and do a peel and stick - I just want anti glare as my machines are old and a little scratched already

You can get a heat gun for under 15$ at harbor freight.  Hair dryers take too long to shrink the wrap and will transfer a lot of heat into the machine.  Heat guns are quick and won't transfer heat.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's